TCP/IP for MSDOS in Oracle 6.0

Post by Byron Ch » Sat, 11 Jul 1992 08:48:41

I am trying to get TCP/IP SQL*Net to work with PC Oracle 6.0.

I have installed the Oracle software already.  I do not have
an EXcelan, Interlan, FTP, or UngermanBass network.  I have
two 3com cards in my system (3c501 and 3c503).  I have packet-
drivers for both cards and can connect to my Vax Ultrix host
via telnet and ftp.  My question is, how, if possible, can I
get SQLTCP to talk to my 3com card?  What software am I
missing (or hardware for that matter)?

The telnet and ftp software is from Clarkson University.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

--

                                  | My employer will allow me to have |
"It's not in my job description,  | an opinion.  They just won't back |

1. Which MsWindows TCP/IP is better for Oracle SQL*NET for TCP/IP

        I wonder if anybody has experience with or already done evaluation of
MsWindows TCP/IP stacks (e.g. Trumpet, Metmanage, ... .. products) for
Oracle SQL*NET for TCP/IP.  Which one do you think is better and works
smoothly or at least you are satisfied with?

        Any comments, hints, feedbacks will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

2. 3D data compression

3. SQL*Net TCP/IP for Windows: Which TCP/IP stack would you recommend

4. ZoneAlarm, how to disable?

5. Win95 Tcp/Ip transport for Oracle 6.0

6. Win 2k Server Backup

7. SQL*Net TCP/IP for windows and Microsoft TCP/IP

8. Differences between 1.5.3 and 1.5.4

9. What TCP/IP stack works with SQL*TCP

10. HyperCard/TCP-IP interface for Oracle ?>

11. Oracle SQL*Net <==> TCP/IP over Novell IPX/SPX !!??

12. Oracle.nlm and TCP/IP