Oracle Reports REP-1800 Formatter Error

Post by Brent Lo » Sat, 27 Apr 2002 22:10:35

Hello,

I am running an Oracle Report from a commandline with rwrun60c against
a 8.0.6 Oracle DB and directing the output to a file.  Everytime I try
to do this, I get an REP-1800 error.  I have seen numerous posts on
usergroups and even Metalink about making sure to set a PRINTER env
variable which I have done with a valid printer that I am able to
print to with no change in error.  I can also duplicate this error
with other reports so it is not linked to just this one.  For testing
purposes, I have registered the report under Oracle Applications and
have let the Concurrent Manager run the report which was successful.
I can also run the report successfully from the Reports Designer
connecting as the same user as I am attempting to on the command line
run.  The problem seems to lie when I run it from the command line,
which is a requirement of this project.  Anyone have any ideas
concerning environment or anything in general that I am missing?

Thanks
Brent

Oracle Reports REP-1800 Formatter Error

Post by Alex Filon » Sun, 28 Apr 2002 05:20:51

Try to add parameter mode=character. Oracle Apps concurrent manager does it
by default. I think this hint was on metalink too.

Quote:> Hello,

> I am running an Oracle Report from a commandline with rwrun60c against
> a 8.0.6 Oracle DB and directing the output to a file.  Everytime I try
> to do this, I get an REP-1800 error.  I have seen numerous posts on
> usergroups and even Metalink about making sure to set a PRINTER env
> variable which I have done with a valid printer that I am able to
> print to with no change in error.  I can also duplicate this error
> with other reports so it is not linked to just this one.  For testing
> purposes, I have registered the report under Oracle Applications and
> have let the Concurrent Manager run the report which was successful.
> I can also run the report successfully from the Reports Designer
> connecting as the same user as I am attempting to on the command line
> run.  The problem seems to lie when I run it from the command line,
> which is a requirement of this project.  Anyone have any ideas
> concerning environment or anything in general that I am missing?

> Thanks
> Brent

Oracle Reports REP-1800 Formatter Error

Post by Brent Lo » Tue, 30 Apr 2002 23:10:00

Thanks, but this parameter is already included in our commandline.
Any other thoughts?

We have also tried setting:
TK2_PRINT_STATUS='echo %n is valid'

Thanks
Brent

> Try to add parameter mode=character. Oracle Apps concurrent manager does it
> by default. I think this hint was on metalink too.

> > Hello,

> > I am running an Oracle Report from a commandline with rwrun60c against
> > a 8.0.6 Oracle DB and directing the output to a file.  Everytime I try
> > to do this, I get an REP-1800 error.  I have seen numerous posts on
> > usergroups and even Metalink about making sure to set a PRINTER env
> > variable which I have done with a valid printer that I am able to
> > print to with no change in error.  I can also duplicate this error
> > with other reports so it is not linked to just this one.  For testing
> > purposes, I have registered the report under Oracle Applications and
> > have let the Concurrent Manager run the report which was successful.
> > I can also run the report successfully from the Reports Designer
> > connecting as the same user as I am attempting to on the command line
> > run.  The problem seems to lie when I run it from the command line,
> > which is a requirement of this project.  Anyone have any ideas
> > concerning environment or anything in general that I am missing?

> > Thanks
> > Brent

Oracle Reports REP-1800 Formatter Error

Post by J Ale » Wed, 01 May 2002 01:42:48

Quote:> Hello,

> I am running an Oracle Report from a commandline with rwrun60c against
> a 8.0.6 Oracle DB and directing the output to a file.  Everytime I try
> to do this, I get an REP-1800 error.  I have seen numerous posts on
> usergroups and even Metalink about making sure to set a PRINTER env
> variable which I have done with a valid printer that I am able to
> print to with no change in error.  I can also duplicate this error
> with other reports so it is not linked to just this one.  For testing
> purposes, I have registered the report under Oracle Applications and
> have let the Concurrent Manager run the report which was successful.
> I can also run the report successfully from the Reports Designer
> connecting as the same user as I am attempting to on the command line
> run.  The problem seems to lie when I run it from the command line,
> which is a requirement of this project.  Anyone have any ideas
> concerning environment or anything in general that I am missing?

> Thanks
> Brent

Some things that come to mind to check:

Is the .prt file (the file in the destype parameter) in the reports60_path?
Does the file have the .prt extension? Can't remember which version, but
some of the 6.0/6i flavors of reports had to have the .prt on the file,
where older versions could have no extension (i.e. hpwide vs. hpwide.prt).
Is there any reason you're running the version of reports designed for
character terminals (this is different than running the report in character
mode)? What happens if you run with rwrun60 instead of rwrun60c?

Post by Alex Filon » Wed, 01 May 2002 05:11:07

> Thanks, but this parameter is already included in our commandline.
> Any other thoughts?

Check all parameters needed for batch execution:
paramform=no
batch=yes
mode=character
destype=file
desformat=<prt file name>
desname=<file name>

There was also some trouble when REPORTS60_TMP environment variable wasn't set,
but I don't remember it it were REP-1800.

> We have also tried setting:
> TK2_PRINT_STATUS='echo %n is valid'

> Thanks
> Brent

> > Try to add parameter mode=character. Oracle Apps concurrent manager does it
> > by default. I think this hint was on metalink too.

> > > Hello,

> > > I am running an Oracle Report from a commandline with rwrun60c against
> > > a 8.0.6 Oracle DB and directing the output to a file.  Everytime I try
> > > to do this, I get an REP-1800 error.  I have seen numerous posts on
> > > usergroups and even Metalink about making sure to set a PRINTER env
> > > variable which I have done with a valid printer that I am able to
> > > print to with no change in error.  I can also duplicate this error
> > > with other reports so it is not linked to just this one.  For testing
> > > purposes, I have registered the report under Oracle Applications and
> > > have let the Concurrent Manager run the report which was successful.
> > > I can also run the report successfully from the Reports Designer
> > > connecting as the same user as I am attempting to on the command line
> > > run.  The problem seems to lie when I run it from the command line,
> > > which is a requirement of this project.  Anyone have any ideas
> > > concerning environment or anything in general that I am missing?

> > > Thanks
> > > Brent

1. Oracle Reports 2.0 Error : REP-1053

Hello,

I am working with Report 2.0 on Oracle 7.1.4.1.0 server with HP/UX-9.

I generated a simple report with default tabular layout and wanted to save
this report to the database. When i tried to do so, i encountered the
following error ;
        REP-1053 - Unable to obtain new module ID from database
        ORA-02289 - sequence does not exist.

I had created the required system tables by running toolbild.sql,
vgs.sql and srw2bild.sql. Also, i had granted privileges on these system
objects by running srw2grnt.sql. Have i missed out on anything?

any help will be appreciated. Please reply to this posting as i do not have
an e-mail id.

Bhooshan S. Prabhu
Citicorp Overseas Software Ltd.

2. FS: misc sgi stuff

3. HELP on REP-3300 VGS errors with Reports 2.0.13 (repost)

4. P7 for 95 and VB, Delphi etc

5. Reportwriter 2.0 Error REP-1247 Report contains Uncompiled SQL

6. Need program to fax Contacts in Outlook

7. Report Formatter Wanted

8. IRIX 5.3 patch 216 vs. 401 ....

9. Error calling col array build, block formatter - on direct SQL loader

10. REP-1070 IN REPORTS 2.0

11. rep-0001 error in crontab

12. Run report errors on Report Writer