Excel/Q&E Client <-> Oracle Server

Post by Steve Bro » Thu, 02 Apr 1992 12:09:14

I'm trying to hook the Excel/Q&E V3.0 release to an Oracle server.  None of
the release notes seem to help.  I seem to be missing what Q&E thinks is an
Oracle "database driver", although have Oracle's SQLNET and Oracle for Windows
products loaded.

I have got the Excel DDE interface to OfW working, so I know that these two
pieces work.  But, I really need the Q&E component talking to Oracle.  Any hints
appreciated.

Steve Brown / Datalogics, Inc. / 441 W. Huron St. / Chicago, IL 60610

Post by george.w.erha » Fri, 03 Apr 1992 12:41:01

>I'm trying to hook the Excel/Q&E V3.0 release to an Oracle server.  None of
>the release notes seem to help.  I seem to be missing what Q&E thinks is an
>Oracle "database driver", although have Oracle's SQLNET and Oracle for Windows
>products loaded.

Ah Ha! You too have discovered that Excel's Q+E manual mentions the Oracle
interface, BUT it was not included with the Excel version of Q+E.

You can upgrade to get the Oracle driver by calling Pioneer with your
Excel serial number (in the About Excel box) for $99.00.
--
George Erhart
AT&T Bell Laboratories

1. >>>>> CHEAP and EASY database DESIGNtool <<<<<<

I found an easy to use and cheap tool for designing ERmodels for relational
databases.
It also generates code.
It's much less powerful than S-designor but it is a lot cheaper and very
handy
LOOK AT
http://www.heraut.demon.nl/dezign/dezign.html

(you can load a demoversion):

2. CLIPS-help

3. -->-->-->-->--> FORMS Developers Wanted, Tampa, FL Perm Pos. <--<--<--<

4. Static vs. dynamic binding

5. <<<<SENIOR ORACLE DEVELOPER WANTED>>>>Oakland, Ca-recruiter

6. Mapping Text Documents

7. <<<<SENIOR ORACLE DEVELOPER WANTED>>>>Oakland, CA

8. Where do I find a spec on vt100 ESC sequences?

9. >>>> Oracle Development Positions Available <<<<

10. >>STOP<< >>READ THIS<< Oracle Financials Opportunities !!

11. >>>> DALLAS ORACLE USERS GROUP <<<<