pro*c newbie question

Post by Chuck Hamilt » Fri, 18 Oct 1996 04:00:00

I'm a newbie to pro*c. I have a .pc program that needs to be compiled.
I ran proc, followed by cc, but I get an unresolved symbol. Is there a
library that needs to be linked in that I don't know about?
--
Chuck Hamilton

This message delivered by electronic sled dogs. WOOF!

pro*c newbie question

Post by benjamin zhan » Sat, 19 Oct 1996 04:00:00

> I'm a newbie to pro*c. I have a .pc program that needs to be compiled.
> I ran proc, followed by cc, but I get an unresolved symbol. Is there a
> library that needs to be linked in that I don't know about?
> --
> Chuck Hamilton

> This message delivered by electronic sled dogs. WOOF!=============================================

hi Chuck,

Take a look at the proc MAKE file in $ORACLE_HOME/precomp/demo/proc.
I hope that will help!

ben

pro*c newbie question

Post by Bob Stewa » Wed, 23 Oct 1996 04:00:00

: I'm a newbie to pro*c. I have a .pc program that needs to be compiled.
: I ran proc, followed by cc, but I get an unresolved symbol. Is there a
: library that needs to be linked in that I don't know about?
: --
: Chuck Hamilton

Chuck, look for the proc16.mk file in the $ORACLE_HOME/proc16/demo
directory.  It is a makefile.  Hack it up as normal for your makefile
stuff.

Good Luck.
--
Bob Stewart                     ASE
(310) 335-7152 (USA)            Air Transport Systems

The opinions expressed above are my own, and may not
represent those of my employer.

1. Newbie needs PL/SQL Help from the pros!

I am currently taking a database class,  and have been given the
following application to develop in PL/SQL:

Create an application using PL/SQL procedures and script to assist a
video clerk run a video store.  The interface must be user friendly
and very very easy to use.  The application must allow the clerk to
add a new video, record a rental, record a rental return, and to
request payment from the customer.  ($2.00 fee for each day past due
date), and a report to show the customer what videos he/she currently
has rented.

The following is the tables given in the database:

VIDSTORE(SNAME, MNAME, RPRICE)

        SNAME - store name
        MNAME - movie name
        RPRICE - rental price

ACTOR(MNAME, ANAME, YEAR)

        MNAME - movie name
        ANAME - actor name
        YEAR - some year (not really sure why we need this here and in
                          the director)

DIRECTOR(MNAME, ANAME, YEAR)

        MNAME - movie name
        ANAME - actor name
        YEAR - some year

RENTED(MNAME, CID, SNAME, DDATE, RDATE)

        MNAME - movie name
        CID - customer ID
        SNAME - store name
        DDATE - Due Date
        RDATE - Rented date

************ Now the problems I am having ***************

To add a video to the database the user must input the movie name,
year, director( only one) , actors (could be many), store name (Could
be many), and rental price.  How can I allow the user to input data
and receive feedback in a procedure?

I can user the PROMPT and ACCEPT commands in the script, but of course
they do not work within a procedure.  I did find out that I could use
the DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE('TEXT'); command to output text in a
procedure, but I still haven't found any other way to get input from
the user.

Is it possible to run a script from within a procedure?  If so, that
may be a possible solution to my troubles.

I really am stumped on this whole thing.  I really don't know where to
begin, or how I should approach this.  I program in COBOL, Visual
Basic and C++, so I do have a good understanding of programming in
general.

Any one out there willing to help point an Oracle student in the right
direction?

It may be easier to keep in contact if you email me any ideas or
comments.

Thanks !!!!!!!!

Mike

2. MC68HC05 freeware

3. Newbie problem:- SQLPlus -Windows 2000 pro error

4. Genericstable - A HOWTO

5. Pro*c, PL/SQL help for newbies

6. How Do I Find the Gateway IP Address

7. Pro*c newbie

8. ntp-4.0.98c is available

9. Newbie[Q]: linking Pro*C program (unix)

10. Another newbie tablespace question

11. Newbie Question concerning ODBC-connection to Oracle

12. Newbie import export question

13. newbie question, unique index || double entries