cannot connect to local ORACLE from PB4

Post by Gregory S. Lipma » Sun, 23 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Hi there
I run Oracle workgroup server on my NT3.51
When i try to connect from PB4 i follow all instuctions in PB
HELP. I feel DBMS - OR7, Userid and Password. i leave server
name empty just like they say.
It prompts me for connect string anyways. OK, I fill it with
p:boston:ORCL (all variations on it).
Every time it returns with error :
ORA-09301:osncon:local kernel only supported in standard mode
What is going on ???
Thanks, gregory

1. How to Connect Dev/2000 and PB4 with PO7 (win95) database?

Hi:

        Is it possible to connect Powerbuilder 4.0 Desktop to Personal Oracle
7.2 for Windows 95 database?  If so, how should I do that?  I tried defining
a profile, but it says it cannot find PO7.  And I don't know where to check
the name of the PO7 database.

        Similarly, can this database be connected to Developer/2000?  I tried
connecting by file-connect-scott-tiger, but it doesn't work.  Is it because
Dev/2000 is 16 bit?

        If anyone had used PO7 for win95 database in conjunction with PB4,
Dev/2000, please mail me.

Thanks,
Murali.

2. CNAME in InterNIC record?

3. Connecting to local Oracle database On NT3.51 Workstation

4. FS:Amiga4000/40MHzWarpEng/30MB/1.3GB/CDROM $1200.00

5. Urgent- Help cannot connect from oracle to MySql using Oracle Hetereogeneous generic connectivity agent

6. xbox on the pc

7. Cannot connect DB under end user act, but can under oracle!

8. Disk Drive Benchmark Testing !!!

9. Cannot connect to Oracle Workgroup/2000 nlm

10. Cannot connect to native Oracle from PB/NT

11. Cannot connect Oracle on Novel from Wfw PC

12. V8.1.7: Connect time on local machine...

13. sqlplus fails on local connect