Report Writer Version 1.1

Post by Robert J. McCallist » Fri, 10 Dec 1993 00:22:36

I am trying to find a way to draw vertical & horizontal lines with
corners, i.e. 'a box' in Oracle Report Writer V1.1.  I know how to do an
underline and "fake" a horizontal line but is there a way to draw a box.

Any Help would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Robert J. McCallister

Report Writer Version 1.1

Post by Robert J. McCallist » Fri, 10 Dec 1993 06:15:40

I am trying to find a way to draw vertical & horizontal lines with
corners, i.e. 'a box' in Oracle Report Writer V1.1.  I know how to do an
underline and "fake" a horizontal line but is there a way to draw a box.

Any Help would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Robert J. McCallister

Report Writer Version 1.1

Post by mf » Sat, 11 Dec 1993 02:24:23

writes:
Quote:>I am trying to find a way to draw vertical & horizontal lines with
>corners, i.e. 'a box' in Oracle Report Writer V1.1.  I know how to do an
>underline and "fake" a horizontal line but is there a way to draw a box.

I'm the local SQL*ReportWriter ninja for my company, and as far as I
know, there is no way to draw a box in ReportWriter 1.1.  I would suggest
you send the report to a file, load it into an ASCII editor or WordPerfect
or something, and THEN draw your box.  Sorry it isn't any easier than that.

BTW, does anyone know when ReportWriter 2.0 will be available for UNIX
platforms?

Mary
****** Sob! I ain't go no .sig yet!********

1. Need print def for HP Series II & Report Writer 1.1

We are running RDBMS V6.033 and SQL*ReportWriter 1.1 on a Sun
SPARCstation (SunOS 4.1.1).

We would like to print our reports straight out of SQL*ReportWriter to
a serially-connected HP Series II Laserjet.

We have played around with hacking the supplied printdef.dat file and
have met with only limited success.  Does anyone out there have a
tried and true printdef.dat entry for an HP Series II?  Both portrait
and landscape definitions are needed.

Many thanks!

<------------------------------------------------------------------->
     Patrick Goebel       | voice: (415) 321-2052     ------  __o
      SysOp, CASBS        |   fax: (415) 321-1192  -------  _`\<,_
 202 Junipero Serra Blvd. |                           ---- (*)/ (*)
    Stanford, CA 94305    | High Speed Digital Commuter
<------------------------------------------------------------------->

2. Icon Problem

3. Help w/ Report Writer 1.1

4. Quick unrelated quesion on *.iso extension

5. problem in getting to report writer in pc version

6. NEED A FONT PLEASE!

7. Report Writer Q-Writer Question

8. Remotely edit device manager????

9. Report Writer / Technical Writer / Oracle / C / Unix

10. Problem in converting 1.1 reports to 2.0.13

11. Upgrade V6 to V7 (HP 9000); Forms 3 to 4; Reports 1.1 to 2.0

12. Reports 1.1/Forms 3 contract in Portland,OR