Should I start a FORM 4.5 FAQ (undocument form 4.5) ???

Should I start a FORM 4.5 FAQ (undocument form 4.5) ???

Post by Tong Siew P » Fri, 29 Sep 1995 04:00:00

I have been using Oracle Form 4.5 (developer 2000) for some time, and
the more I used it, the more useless I feeled I am.

There are so many things U can't do, and what printed on the menu is
so different from real life.

I hope to start a FAQ for FORM 4.5 for things U can't find (easily) in
the menu.

For example:
1. How to format mask a display item ?
(I still do not know !!)

2. YOU need to use go_item after hide_window to hide the window.

etc..

IF U are supportive, please send it questions and solution so that
others could benefits.  Of cource, U could always send in only
questions and let's Oracle answer them.

IF there is already one, please tell me where I could get one FAQ.
And I would like to post questions too.

PS:
I am new to Oracle and News group, so forgive me if this mail seems
naive .

1. Incompatibility about upgrade forms 4.5 (CDE2) to forms 4.5 (Developer 2000)

Hi!!!

I try to upgrade my module from forms 4.5 (CDE2) to forms 4.5
(Developer/2000). They're a lots of problem.

In my old version my background color of canvas would be gray30. In
developer/2000 gray30 doesn't exist. Only gray32. Why ??? It's very unpleasant
to scan my module and change all background color.

Another problem ... Some triggers disappear when I generate module with
developer/2000. Ex: when-validate-item are there after the generate but
codes missing.

Why it's not possible to copy the relation between two modules ???

Thanks for your help.
Nicolas Rancourt

2. Serial number inside.

3. Forms 3.0 to Forms 4.5 Conversion FAQ?

4. Sabotage, Pranks & Surveillance Survey

5. Random and Repeated Statement in PROC MIXED

6. Forms 4.5 producing a GPF when converting Forms 3 form

7. Using Forms 4.5 color palette in forms converted from Forms 4.0

8. Forms 4.5 Custom Menu Bars (and Inability to Run Forms from Forms Designer)

9. Forms 4.5 Starting Error

10. GPF encountered when starting DEV2000 FORMS 4.5

11. Forms 4.5: Start in full-screen mode?