1. HELP: error in oradocm on DU4.0
Hello oracle unix gurus,
Re: Problem running oradocm or oradoc on DU4.0
Using orainst, I just installed oracle 220.127.116.11.0 (meant for DU 3.2, 32.c,
3.2d-1, 3.2e) on an AXP box running DU4.0 using the recommended OFA
convention for naming files and directories.
ORACLE_BASE = /opt/app/oracle
ORACLE_HOME = /opt/app/oracle/product/7.3.2
ORACLE_DOC = $ORACLE_BASE/doc
After installing the Documentation Viewer and then the online documentation
from the Product Documentation cd, I ran .fixshelf.sh -d /opt/app/oracle/doc
-m decalphaaxposf. Please note that, according to the IG, page 5-5, it says
to use $ORACLE_HOME/doc for the oracle_doc_dir. However, when I used
it, it came back with an error message:
/opt/app/oracle/product/7.3.2/doc is not a valid ORACLE_DOC directory
The prefs.ora is then copied to the $ORACLE_HOME/tools/admin directory.
When I ran oradocm, I get error messages:
Startup of Oracle Book failed.
Check your ORACLE_HOME setting.
Also when I ran oradoc, I got error messages:
Supported Terminals are :
Can't find resource file
Please set your TERM variable to one of the supported terminals.
Exiting orainst procedure.
Coping obcvt220.res from v7.1.4 on another machine came up with the error:
Connection to Window System or Terminal type failed.
BTW, my earlier installation of v7.1.4 on DU3.2, without following the OFA
convention, works for oradocm and oradoc.
Have you come across the same problem? Do you have some suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
Queensland Uni. of Technology,
2. Is there something like \vfuzz for underfull, not overfull, \vboxes ?
3. Book: Oracle Application Server Web Toolkit Reference
4. Shutdown Not Unmounting Disk Properly
5. Sql Server for Oracle DBA's Book
6. Atari Fax
7. Book Recommendations for ORACLE 8/SERVER/DB
8. Judge Sporkin decision is in.
9. Anyone needs help in writing an Oracle Server book?
10. Computer Books, Inc Oracle Books - up to 80% off
11. Book FS: Mastering Oracle7 & Client/Server Computing
12. Porblem: PC Oracle server to Unix Oracle server
13. Oracle Workgroup Server for NT and Oracle Enterprise Server for NT