Request for Proposals: Oracle-based Toxic Air Emissions Inventory Enhancements

Request for Proposals: Oracle-based Toxic Air Emissions Inventory Enhancements

Post by Carol Ratz » Sat, 05 Oct 1996 04:00:00

http://www.glc.org/projects/air/rapids/phase4/rfp.html

 Dear Prospective Bidder:

The Great Lakes Commission is pleased to release this Request for
Proposals for a project titled "Modifying and Enhancing the Great Lakes
Regional Air Toxics Emission Inventory -- Development and Integration of
a Mobile Source Module."

As indicated in the RFP, the Commission seeks the service of a technical
consultant to expand the automated Regional Air Pollutant Inventory
Development System (RAPIDS) to support cooperative estimation of
emissions of selected toxic compounds from mobile sources in the Great
Lakes region. These emissions can then be aggregated with emission
estimates from point and area sources to provide a more comprehensive
estimate of air toxics emissions in the region. Integrating the mobile
source module into the existing Oracle-based system and enhancing the
overall emission estimation capabilities of RAPIDS will be key
components of the project.

The Great Lakes Commission is an interstate compact agency comprised of
delegates from the eight Great Lakes states.  The project has been
initiated, with funds provided by the U.S. EPA, to implement provisions
of the Great Lakes Toxic Substances Control Agreement, signed by the
Great Lakes governors in 1986, and to assist in meeting the goals of the
U.S. Clean Air Act.

A Bidder's Conference has been scheduled for 9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
(CDT) on November 14 at the General Services Administration Conference
Center, Room 328, Ralph H. Metcalfe Federal Building, 77 West Jackson
Blvd., Chicago, Illinois. Representatives from the Air Quality agencies
of the Great Lakes states will provide an overview of the process and
products to date, and outline goals, specific requirements and
limitations of the intended project. There will be an opportunity for
questions from prospective bidders.  Detailed information about the
project to date is available from the Great Lakes Commission web site:

http://www.glc.org/projects/air/regdbase.html

Please call the Great Lakes Commission at (313) 665-9135 to confirm your
attendance at the conference by 4:00 p.m., November 7. Also, we invite
and encourage any questions prior to that date. Written questions
submitted to the Commission by fax (313) 665-4370 or email

conference.

As noted in the RFP, ten copies each of work plan technical proposal)
and a price proposal must be received by the Great Lakes Commission
office (hard copy only) by Monday, December 9.

The full RFP has been published on line at:

http://www.glc.org/projects/air/rapids/phase4/rfp.html

I appreciate your consideration and welcome all inquiries concerning
this project. Please address all inquiries to project manager, Carol

             Sincerely,

             Michael J. Donahue, Ph.D.
             Executive Director

1. Request for Vendor Proposals; Oracle Archiving Work

          PacifiCare Health Systems is currently initiating a project which
          involves implementation of an Archiving and Retrieval System.
          We are requesting information from those software vendors that
          may fit our general requirements. We are looking for a software
          vendor that addresses the need for archiving and retrieving
          Oracle RDB databases and other data structures specific to the DEC
          environment, such as RMS files.  However, if the software is
          written for other platforms, compatibility with Digital Equipment
          Corporation (DEC) hardware and software is required.  We prefer
          software vendors with expertise in the Healthcare industry.

          Please forward your Archiving and Retrieval product information to:

                    Joyce Taino
                    Mail Stop 9150
                    PacifiCare Health Systems
                    Information Services

                    10803 Hope Street
                    Cypress, CA  90630

          Please forward your e-mail responses to:

2. Using XSL to split one XML into several

3. Power Objects enhancement requests

4. HardDrive problem on 4000

5. Technique to build SQL generator based on high level requests?

6. I cant get programs to autodial

7. General Oracle FAQ Proposal

8. WinAPI module to delete files

9. image enhancement and ORACLE 7.0

10. Oracle 7.1 Enhancements

11. ORACLE Applications MULTI-ORG enhancement

12. Call for Enhancements