Question about Oracle Discoverer

Post by N. K. Chidambara » Mon, 11 Mar 2002 01:13:37

I am using Oracle Discoverer to do some SQL queries.
How do I sort the rows based on, say, top ten selling prodcuts? Or bottom
ten percent of customers  who spent the least amount of money?

Thanks so much

Question about Oracle Discoverer

Post by K Sudhakar » Fri, 15 Mar 2002 14:36:26

Hi pal

I dunno abt discoverer..but using normal SQL I am putting my idea
here.

Having a table ( may be temporary table ) with top 10 products ( of
sale or whatever ) ordered based on the sales..performing a join of
the second ( here say your custormer table ) without any order by
clause may get you the needed result which will be in the order of top
10 selling products.It wud be more interesting if u reply abt how far
it worked out and still if it is not solved...

Also I wud like to see more clearer version of your question.

Regards
Sudhakaran.K

Quote:> I am using Oracle Discoverer to do some SQL queries.