Random Integrer

Post by Stefan Zücker » Sat, 10 Mar 2001 05:14:14

Hi

I want to fill a Table with  random Numbers .
Have anyone a Procedure or a SQL Statement for this ??

Thanks Stefan

Random Integrer

Post by John Alexande » Sat, 10 Mar 2001 05:19:14

http://www.summitsoftwaredesign.com/quicktips.html#4

Quote:> Hi

> I want to fill a Table with  random Numbers .
> Have anyone a Procedure or a SQL Statement for this ??

> Thanks Stefan

Random Integrer

Post by Rick Wessma » Sat, 10 Mar 2001 10:55:44

If you're using Oracle 8i, there's a package called that DBMS_RANDOM that will
generate random numbers.

                               Rick

--
                                Rick Wessman
                                Server Security Group

     The opinions expressed above are mine and do not necessarily reflect
                         those of Oracle Corporation.

1. SQL to Generate Random Numbers?

As part of a database-building project which I'm managing, I want to
enforce quality control standards for data-entry by selecting a
statistically-representative sample of records, which will be evaluated
against original, hardcopy documentation.  I've got a handle on things
like sample size and stratification, but, of course, in order to be a
representative sample, it must also consist of records selected randomly.
Is there any way to do this in SQL? (specifically, we're using SQL*PLUS in
ORACLE 6.0)  Is there, for example, a "random" number generator available
in SQL, which will allow the extraction of random records from the
database?  Any help would be much appreciated--thanks.
--
"On the Internet, everyone is guaranteed 15 minutes of flame."
        -what Andy Warhol MIGHT have said- if he wasn't dead, that is

2. SNUG'00 'Abstracts' Deadline Moved From Oct. 11th To Oct. 15th

3. Oracle7 "fieldtypes", "random selection" and more

4. News and Quotes Server

5. Random Number generator?

6. Looking for info on Genetic Algorithms Digest???

7. Oracle function that generate random number

8. Page Module Error/Compuserve help needed

9. random password generation

10. Random Selection

11. Picking a random row

12. Random number generator function in PL/SQL

13. Q:How to select a line at random?