P07 for Win95 and PO7 for NT on same machine.

P07 for Win95 and PO7 for NT on same machine.

Post by linco » Wed, 10 Jan 1996 04:00:00

Can I install both PO7 for Win95 and PO7 Win32s on the
same machine and make it possible to have both versions use the
same physical database?  I would like to dual-boot between 95 and
NT, but would like to avoid maintaining two schemas.

Thanks,
Chris Lincoln

Post by Keith Majk » Thu, 11 Jan 1996 04:00:00

>Can I install both PO7 for Win95 and PO7 Win32s on the
>same machine and make it possible to have both versions use the
>same physical database?  I would like to dual-boot between 95 and
>NT, but would like to avoid maintaining two schemas.

First, PO7Win95 and PO7Win31(Win32s) only work on Win95 and Win31
repsectively, not WinNT.
Anyway, PO7Win95 is 7.2 and PO7Win31 is 7.1. I'm not sure if there are
any 7.1/7.2 differences that would prevent it. If so, you'll have better
luck using 7.2 on Win95 and 7.2 on NT(O7 for NT). To try it, just install
both, load one database, then in INIT.ORA point to the control file
of the other database.
Quote:

>Thanks,
>Chris Lincoln

1. NON Win95 PO7 and Win95

I am attempting to install NON Win95 PO7 under Win95. I know there is a
PO7-95
available. But since the interfaces are different I still wished to use
the Non Win 95
version. I am having some problems installing before I research this more,
is this
just a bad idea? Should I just go to PO7-95? Or can I proceed with my
original plan?

Thanks,

2. Warp4 and Win95 Lan

3. PO7 on 8MB machine

4. new mail utility?

5. Database Startup problem with Personal ORACLE 7 on win95 machine

6. Dynamic Areas

7. Connecting w/ SQL*Net on Win95 machine

8. help: lp

9. PO7 and OFWG client on the same machine?

10. Connect to a PO7 from other machine

11. PO7 & WIN95 ? - Does it work?

12. How to create database in PO7 7.2 for Win95?

13. Win95 PO7 and 16-bit tools connecting?