Offline unattended backup on NT (ALPHA & Intel)

Offline unattended backup on NT (ALPHA & Intel)

Post by Peter Koender » Tue, 02 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Hello all,

We are using archiving to backup our Oracle7 servers during daytime. We
also want to do an offline unattended backup at night. To do this, we need
to Stop the database, backup the fileserver and Start the database again.
Is it possible to do this with the standard tools?

Regards,

PKO.

Offline unattended backup on NT (ALPHA & Intel)

Post by Dean Cunningha » Fri, 12 Jul 1996 04:00:00

You can using a combination of AT scheduler running a batch file, NT
Backup and SQLDBA scripts.

We use Backup Exec instead of NT Backup ( http://www.segate.com ) and
remote command calls (from NT Resource Kit)to sync shutdown of DB on
remote servers,backup and restart.

> Hello all,

> We are using archiving to backup our Oracle7 servers during daytime. We
> also want to do an offline unattended backup at night. To do this, we need
> to Stop the database, backup the fileserver and Start the database again.
> Is it possible to do this with the standard tools?

> Regards,

> PKO.

1. Must offline backups be done in addition to online backup?

Some of you may have read my message posted on 18th Feb. This was
formulated incorrectly. Here it is again with a better problem
description.

We currently backup oracle 8.0.6 instances online. We have also
recovered successfully using these backups in the past. Oracle is
always running on our systems 24x7.

Now someone in my department has told me that they have heard
'somewhere' that offline backups must also be done from time to time,
e.g. once a month. They cannot tell me the reasons why, just that
offline
backups must also be done. Can anyone else tell me if this is correct
and the
reasons supporting additional offline backups. Thanks

2. forms 4.5 & user_exits

3. Hot backups vs. Offline Backups

4. GNU 18.50's mh-e with draft-folders

5. ALPHA NT backup administrator?

6. Looking for Colleague who Uses Same Text

7. ALPHA Stations & WINDOWS NT

8. Plot DWG's to a File in A2000

9. Extracting Table from Offline Backup

10. Online and Offline Backups

11. Backup Manager & Windows NT.

12. Oracle on Intel, with SCO or NT?

13. Changing The 'Internal' Password On 7.1.3.3.3 NT/Intel