Oraserver Sql*NET TCP/IP process hangs in AIX

Oraserver Sql*NET TCP/IP process hangs in AIX

Post by Alessio LORUS » Wed, 12 Apr 1995 04:00:00

Hi ...

I've experienced this problem: in a client/server network with a Bull AIX
server and ten PCs running Windows, sometimes an application (VB 3.0 + ODBC
+ SQL*NET) hangs. This failure leave the associated oraserver tcp-ip process
runnig without connection with the PC.
I'm trying to find the PIDs of the process running without PCs: these
process sucks memory from AIX, causing loss of performance and other great
problems.

The Oracle support team tell me this is a well known problem ...without
solution from Oracle ! ...it's true ?! ...I'm looking for a solution.

Thanks in advance !

1. SQL*Net TCP/IP for Windows: Which TCP/IP stack would you recommend

Hi!

We are thinking of installing SQL*Net for Windows to allow us to run
client/server stuff against our Oracle7 database running on a SUN
SPARCserver 1000 running Solaris 2.2.  Since our networked PCs are
netware based and are running over ODI drivers, we would obviously
prefer a TCP/IP stack that can run over ODI.  I'm rather partial to
Novell's LAN Workplace/Workgroup, but I'm open to suggestions (However
I would want to avoid anything that runs over NDIS or needs a NDIS
shim). Does Netmanage Chameleon TCP run over ODI?

I have never seen SQL*Net working so I'm very blur about this (except
that we DO need this), so: I hear V2 is out but I also hear it's also
a bit on the buggy side.  Should we go for V2 or stick to V1.1?  What
are the pros and cons?  Sorry about the stupid questions, but I have
to ask.

Philip
--
+---------------------------------+-------------------------------------------+

|Tasek Cement Berhad              |  to persons living or dead is completely  |
|P.O.Box 254, 30908 Ipoh, MALAYSIA| coincidental. The creator of this article |
|Voice: +605-551-011              |    has asserted its moral right to be     |
|  Fax: +605-566-142              |          identified as the author.        |
+-------------------Eigi-Eru-Enn-Allir-Jomsvikingar-Daudir!-------------------+

2. Problems with the browser

3. SQL*Net TCP/IP for windows and Microsoft TCP/IP

4. enable 4GT ??

5. Which MsWindows TCP/IP is better for Oracle SQL*NET for TCP/IP

6. Is WinOnCD3.5 total crap, or is it just my imagination?

7. SQL*Net TCP/IP and SQL*Net SPX - coexist peacefully?

8. Win2k/Win98 Network ICS

9. Oracle 7 - SQL*Net TCP/IP and SQL*Windows ...

10. SQL Link 2.0/SQL*Net TCP/IP/PDOXWIN 5.0

11. SQL*Net performance tuning for TCP/IP...

12. SQL*Net - TCP/IP configs & Windows ?

13. Installing SQL*Net TCP/IP for MS-DOS