Pro*C++ and sqlglm

Post by Almut Herzo » Fri, 07 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

I'd be glad to receive a sample code from someone who uses the
sqlglm-function in a Pro*C++ program & and a description of the changes
necessary in the Pro*C header files.

I can compile the sample1.pc file with a C-compiler and it works fine.
My C++-compiler though complains about things in <sqlcpr.h> and (after
changes in the header file) the linker does not find the matching
library code (undefined symbol). Must I change compiler options?

I complained to support about this some time ago but did not receive
anything helpful. I have now been working with the sqlca.sqlerrm
structure but sometimes 70 characters for the error message are simply
not enough.

Please reply by e-mail, too (due to shaky communication with our news
server)
--
Almut Herzog

Teknikringen 2                      voice:  ++46 13 235221
583 30 Linkoping                    fax:    ++46 13 212185
SWEDEN

1. Pro*C problem with sqlglm()

We are having a problem with  Pro*C programs running on a client and
accessing a remote Oracle7 server. sqlglm() is never able to return the
error message. It always outputs messages of the folowing kind:

ORA-12571: Unable to open message file (SQL-02113).

The client has only the following products installed Pro*C 2.0, SQL*Net V2,
SQL*Plus. All the mesg directories and message files seem to be there.
oerr ORA 12571 works fine and the relevant message file tnsus.msg is
available.
What's going on here?

dave

--
David-Michael Lincke    Institute for Information Management at USG

2. This may shound funny but...

3. How to use SQLGLM in Pro*C?

4. Looping-caused by v2.5?

5. Pro C compiling missing 'sqlglm' and 'sqlgls'

6. Excel 2000 Object Library Book ?

7. Pro*C/C++ compiler support for ANSI C++?

8. Plan 9

9. Is it possible to compile Pro*C and C++ code together using C++ compilser?

10. C interface: Pro*C/C++, OCI, Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 integration

11. Compiling C++ program with Pro*C/C++ precompiler

12. sqlglm problem?