called oracle stored procedure in Pro*C host language

called oracle stored procedure in Pro*C host language

Post by <your name> » Thu, 07 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Howdy,

I am trying to call a stored oracle procedure in a Pro*C program.  If I
call it using exec sql procedure_name(param,param), I don't get any
compile errors but I don't appear to be executing the procedure.  If I
try calling the procedure as an embedded PL/SQL block, I get sqlcheck
errors which I am unfamiliar with.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks,

Susan Loguidice
Southern Oregon State College

called oracle stored procedure in Pro*C host language

Post by John Houg » Thu, 07 Nov 1996 04:00:00

I believe you can execute the procedure by placing the following in
your embedded sql

exec sql execute proc_name(parm1,parm2,etc);

hope this helps

John Hough

called oracle stored procedure in Pro*C host language

Post by John Houg » Thu, 07 Nov 1996 04:00:00

I believe you can execute the procedure by placing the following in
your embedded sql

exec sql execute proc_name(parm1,parm2,etc);

hope this helps

John Hough

called oracle stored procedure in Pro*C host language

Post by Charles Wolf » Fri, 08 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Susan,

In order to call a stored procedure from within a Pro*C program, you must
use an anonymous PL/SQL block in your program (e.g.)

EXEC SQL EXECUTE
        BEGIN
                procedure_name(:param1, :param2,...);
        END;
END-EXEC;

Additionally, in your makefile (proc.mk), you must specify SQLCHECK=FULL,
or SQLCHECK=SEMANTICS.  When doing this, you must also specify USERID in
your makefile.

Hope this helps.

regards,
Chuck

> Howdy,

> I am trying to call a stored oracle procedure in a Pro*C program.  If I
> call it using exec sql procedure_name(param,param), I don't get any
> compile errors but I don't appear to be executing the procedure.  If I
> try calling the procedure as an embedded PL/SQL block, I get sqlcheck
> errors which I am unfamiliar with.

> Can anyone help with this?

> Thanks,

> Susan Loguidice
> Southern Oregon State College

1. Host arrays and stored procedures in Pro*Ada

I have created a stored procedure that will accept Ada host arrays as
parameters.  Unfortunately, when I try to add and integer variable to the list
to tell the procedure how many elements are being passed I get and invalid
cursor (ora-1001) error.  Is there a known bug that prevents using host arrays
and discrete variables in the same parameter list?

2. beginners help please

3. Calling Oracle Stored Procedure from Pro*C

4. "Null modem" on Palm III

5. Again: Calling a stored procedure from PRO*C

6. oracle/mysql ODBC for Linux redhat 9 ?

7. Calling a stored procedure from a PRO*C-program

8. THROTTLE Sharing and Win2k

9. Calling stored procedure with Pro*C

10. Calling Stored Procedures from Pro*C - Help!

11. PRO*C and calling of stored procedures..

12. Help Creating An Oracle Procedure To Execute Host Calls On An NT Server

13. How to pass a Host array to a stored procedure?