Help : Java and Oracle

Post by Stephani » Tue, 12 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Hello Everyone
        I have a question here .... Was wondering if i could use Java
with oracle to pull information from the database and create HTML on
the  fly ......
any help would be appreciated .....
 thanks
The man who follows the crowd will usually get no further than the crowd. The
man who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one ever been.
                                --Aln Ashley Pitt

Help : Java and Oracle

Post by Sergei Vizny » Thu, 14 Dec 1995 04:00:00

>Hello Everyone
>    I have a question here .... Was wondering if i could use Java
>with oracle to pull information from the database and create HTML on
>the  fly ......
>any help would be appreciated .....
> thanks

I bet you can.

I used to write CGI interfaces to Oracle
(not even using Java) several months ago.

Serge

Quote:>--
>The man who follows the crowd will usually get no further than the crowd. The
>man who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one ever been.
>                            --Aln Ashley Pitt

1. How Call Java Applet from Oracle Java Application

There is a sample java applet that comes with the JDK.... Chart.java
under the directory demo/BarChart.  How can I call this applet from
my java application?  I can display the applet with the example1.html
that is provided in JDK examples.  But I cannot get it to display
from a java application.  Can anyone help?  The error message: Applet
can't start: error: java.lang.ClassFormatError.

I am working on an Oracle Webserver using Oracle class extensions in the
java cartrige to build html.

Thanks,

Lana Nelson

------------------
My code follows:

import oracle.html.*;
import java.io.*;
import java.lang.*;
import java.net.URL;
//
public class call_barchart {

public static void main(String args[])

{
  HtmlHead hd = new HtmlHead("SEO Unix Inventory - Chart");
  HtmlBody bd = new HtmlBody();

 Applet applet = new Applet("Chart.class", 251, 125);
  applet.addParam("c2_color", "green");
  applet.addParam("c2_label", "Q2");
  applet.addParam("c1_style", "striped");
  applet.addParam("c4", "30");
  applet.addParam("c3", "5");
  applet.addParam("c2", "20");
  applet.addParam("c4_color", "yellow");
  applet.addParam("c1", "10");
  applet.addParam("c4_label", "Q4");
  applet.addParam("title", "Performance");
  applet.addParam("c3_style", "striped");
  applet.addParam("columns", "4");
  applet.addParam("c1_color", "blue");
  applet.addParam("c1_label", "Q1");
  applet.addParam("c3_color", "magenta");
  applet.addParam("c3_label", "Q3");
  applet.addParam("c2_style", "solid");
  applet.addParam("orientation", "horizontal");
  applet.addParam("c4_style", "solid");
  applet.addParam("scale", "5");

  bd.addItem(applet);

  // Print header info
  hp.printHeader();
  // Print body
  hp.print();

2. Installing networking.

3. Java/Java-Clone for Dynix/Ptx interfacing with ORACLE?

4. 123r5w Macro request

5. No Java skills required to produce Incredible Java Business Applications.

6. Lotus Notes

7. Experienced PLSQL, Newbie to Java -- Why would one use java?

8. Problem debugging WPS class

9. Passing Java object as parameter to the java stored procedure

10. Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Paleeeeeezzzzzzz!!!!!!!!

11. HELP ME ?...java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: oracle/jdbc/driver/OracleDriver !!

12. Help: File access from Java stored procedure (Oracle)

13. Deadlock in java or oracle with full skacktrace included, please help.