: Connect strings - "T:"/"2:"/"X:" ?

Post by Malgorzata Ro » Thu, 04 Apr 1996 04:00:00

despite browsing on-line and hardcopy manuals, I haven't found
an overview of SQL*Net connect strings/protocol specifiers,
like for example

  T: TCP/IP
  2: OS/2, Windows/NT, Windows 3.x
  X: SPX/IPX

can anybody point me to relevant docs (FAQ, Oracle on-line or hardcopy
manuals)?

Thanks,

Malgorzata Roos, University of Zurich

: Connect strings - "T:"/"2:"/"X:" ?

Post by Richard G. Ramire » Thu, 04 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Malgorzata:

I remember seeing a table somewhere. There are not that many:
You have t: and x: correct. There is also p: for named pipes.

2: is for local connections, i.e. running the client on the
same machine as the server. It works on any operating system (I think).

Richard