ODBC-Oracle-Error 3121

Post by Peter de Wolf » Thu, 30 May 1996 04:00:00

> Hello,
> I got a problem connecting to my Oracle-server running
> on a HP 715 with HP-UX 9. The client should be a PC
> running Win95. I got ODBC 2.0 installed, MS Access 2.0
> and some other ODBC-Clients, but every one of them gives
> me the Error:

> Ora-3121, Interface driver not connected -
>           function not performed

> So I look in my documentations only to find that this
> error is somewhere hidden in SQL-Net-documentations
> which are to be released later. What a ****!

> Could someone please tell me where this error comes from,
> what it means and how it could be solved? Best would be
> to answer to

> and I'd really be glad for some help.
> Thanks for all of you who answer...

> Joerg Bredno in Aachen (germany)

The question is simple: Which version of SQL*NET have you installed on
your clients?

ODBC-Oracle-Error 3121

Post by Robert Lippman » Thu, 30 May 1996 04:00:00

> > Hello,
> > I got a problem connecting to my Oracle-server running
> > on a HP 715 with HP-UX 9. The client should be a PC
> > running Win95. I got ODBC 2.0 installed, MS Access 2.0
> > and some other ODBC-Clients, but every one of them gives
> > me the Error:

> > Ora-3121, Interface driver not connected -
> >           function not performed

> > So I look in my documentations only to find that this
> > error is somewhere hidden in SQL-Net-documentations
> > which are to be released later. What a ****!

> > Could someone please tell me where this error comes from,
> > what it means and how it could be solved? Best would be
> > to answer to

> > and I'd really be glad for some help.
> > Thanks for all of you who answer...

> > Joerg Bredno in Aachen (germany)

> The question is simple: Which version of SQL*NET have you installed on
> your clients?

You might also want to check that the Oracle SQL*Net drivers are in your
path.

ODBC-Oracle-Error 3121

Post by Todd Newm » Fri, 31 May 1996 04:00:00

>> > Hello,
>> > I got a problem connecting to my Oracle-server running
>> > on a HP 715 with HP-UX 9. The client should be a PC
>> > running Win95. I got ODBC 2.0 installed, MS Access 2.0
>> > and some other ODBC-Clients, but every one of them gives
>> > me the Error:

>> > Ora-3121, Interface driver not connected -
>> >           function not performed

>> > So I look in my documentations only to find that this
>> > error is somewhere hidden in SQL-Net-documentations
>> > which are to be released later. What a ****!

>> > Could someone please tell me where this error comes from,
>> > what it means and how it could be solved? Best would be
>> > to answer to

>> > and I'd really be glad for some help.
>> > Thanks for all of you who answer...

>> > Joerg Bredno in Aachen (germany)

>> The question is simple: Which version of SQL*NET have you installed on
>> your clients?
>You might also want to check that the Oracle SQL*Net drivers are in your
>path.

This error means required drivers couldn't be loaded.  Your path is a
good place to start.  If it looks ok, then you need to find a pc where this
works.  Look at the directories in its path and print out the dlls in all
of those directories.  One (or more) of those dlls you need but don't have.

Todd

1. ODBC Native error code:3121...

I just loaded the Oracle71 ODBC driver under Win95 and am trying to
access PO7 for Win95 - I am getting the following error when I use the
ODBC TEST 1.0 routine from Oracle:

SQLSTATE: S1000
Native error code: 3121
Driver Message:[Oracle][ODBC Oracle Driver][Oracle OCI][ORA-03121: no
interface driver connected - function not performed.

It is not obvious to me how I would go about correcting this - Thanks
for any helpfull input.

-Larry

2. question: transporting drives

3. Personal Oracle error ORA-3121

4. Win2k & dual monitor

5. Using MS Query on Oracle 7.4 tables and getting 3121 error

6. NameSpace SqlClient not found

7. ORA-3121 error for Oracle 8

8. E-MAIL

9. ora-3121 when trying ODBC under win95

10. ODBC 32 bit - ORA-3121

11. What is error 3121 ?

12. PO7, WIN95+ and 3121 Error

13. PO7 - 3121 error