Differences between Forms 3.0 & 4.0, Wanted

Differences between Forms 3.0 & 4.0, Wanted

Post by Rakesh Sach » Fri, 22 Jul 1994 22:20:04

 I was looking for some kind of listing of differences in features
 between Forms 3.0 & 4.0. I did see a posting on that a couple
 of weeks ago, so could someone post that once again.
 Thanks in anticipation

 -Rakesh Sachar

Differences between Forms 3.0 & 4.0, Wanted

Post by Amr Ass » Sat, 23 Jul 1994 11:09:09

Hi!  We are developing a PB3.0a app to work against a remote Oracle
v7.0.15.0 database running on MicroVAX 3600 with VMS 5.0+.  We want
to use SLIP or PPP from windows clients to dialin.  Currently we are
looking at Netmanage ChameleonNFS stack.  We are having all kinds of
problems in connecting to the server via SQL*Net v2.0.15 for TCP/IP.
On the client, we keep getting TNS-12203 error.  However, we can
establish the SLIP connection via Netmanage Custom fine.  Any ideas?
Also, is there a stack that we can load from within the PB app and dial
out rather than establishing a SLIP connection first and then having the
application talk to Oracle (i.e. if we get 'em talking!)?  Thanks in
advance for any help you can provide.