"Domain" in oracle ?

Post by Patricio Rodrigu » Fri, 23 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

It seems that Personal Oracle 7.1 does not support "Domain", like other
SGBD (for example Interbase).
Since this can be quite useful, especially for maintenance, how can one
achieve the same functionality of a domain under Orcale ?

Thanks in advance,
Patricio.

P.S.: Please answer via e-mail, since my news server is frequently
down. Thanks.

1. : Connect strings - "T:"/"2:"/"X:" ?

despite browsing on-line and hardcopy manuals, I haven't found
an overview of SQL*Net connect strings/protocol specifiers,
like for example

  T: TCP/IP
  2: OS/2, Windows/NT, Windows 3.x
  X: SPX/IPX

can anybody point me to relevant docs (FAQ, Oracle on-line or hardcopy
manuals)?

Thanks,

Malgorzata Roos, University of Zurich

2. Whose Running The Oldest Software?

3. Strange question on error message " PLS-00103 : Encountered the symbol "?" "" ( Urgent)

4. Read content of XmlReader ?

5. "Named Users" vs. "Concurrent Users" Lic.

6. f2c

7. "Stored Procedures"- versus "SQL*Forms-only"

8. Nroff utility for SGI?

9. Help - "Production" and "Test" databases

10. Oracle7 "fieldtypes", "random selection" and more

11. Stored procedures and "select" requires "into"...why?

12. SQL*Plus not parsing "create trigger" and "create type" commands