image enhancement and ORACLE 7.0

Post by John OBri » Thu, 27 May 1993 10:22:19

Quote:Hossein Lari-Najafi writes:
>I have got a configuration that consists of a DG AViion RAID 5 box
>running SVR4.  This box has got ORACLE 7.0 that stores images...
>as well as textual data.

I would appreciate it if people with these kinds of RAID 5 configurations
could forward me any benchmark results (informal or formal) so that we can
provide them in our customer material.

Thanks, John

John O'Brien                Tel. 603-880-3005
Storage Computer Corp.      Fax. 603-889-7232
11 Riverside Street
Nashua, NH 03062            European headquarters: Wiesbaden, Germany
United States               Tel. 49 611 30 82 30 6

-----------------------"Protect Your Writes"-------------------------

Post by Dick Wilm » Fri, 28 May 1993 10:04:18

>Hossein Lari-Najafi writes:
>>I have got a configuration that consists of a DG AViion RAID 5 box
>>running SVR4.  This box has got ORACLE 7.0 that stores images...
>>as well as textual data.
>I would appreciate it if people with these kinds of RAID 5 configurations
>could forward me any benchmark results (informal or formal) so that we can
>provide them in our customer material.
>Thanks, John
>John O'Brien                Tel. 603-880-3005
>Storage Computer Corp.      Fax. 603-889-7232
>11 Riverside Street
>Nashua, NH 03062            European headquarters: Wiesbaden, Germany
>United States               Tel. 49 611 30 82 30 6
>-----------------------"Protect Your Writes"-------------------------

I too would be very interested in any results. Perhaps you could post?
This newsgroup is not overly trafficked at present.

Thanks.
--
         * Wilmot
          Editor, Independent RAID Report

1. image enhancement and ORACLE 7.0

I have got a configuration that consists of a DG AViion RAID 5 box running
SVR4. This box has got ORACLE 7.0 that stores images (people faces) as BLOBS
, as well as textual data about people.  ORACLE FORMS 4.0 handles images.
does any one know of commercial software that one can incorporate into this
ORACLE application, so that image enhancement can be done.  This software would
have built-in utilities to enable a user (not a programmer) do enhancement.
(by enhancement, I guess I mean, making images sharper).

If you know of such a software, (or for that matter, you know that there is
no such software) could you please send me an e-mail at the following address.

Any help in this regard is greately appreciated.

-hossein

2. MIME Format

3. Oracle 7.1 Enhancements

4. Help needed on sendmail rule 0

5. Request for Proposals: Oracle-based Toxic Air Emissions Inventory Enhancements

6. Problem sync with Microsoft Exchange 4.0

7. ORACLE Applications MULTI-ORG enhancement

8. Call for Enhancements

9. Power Objects enhancement requests

10. Altova Inc., Announces DocBook Support and Web Services Interoperability Enhancements in XML Spy 4.4 Suite

11. ORACLE DBAs, ORACLE 7.0 Developers - CONTRACT or PERMANENT

12. **** Various Locations-- Oracle DBA (7.0) & ORacle Financials