Sybase UI development tools

Post by Patrick M » Fri, 22 May 1992 06:36:24

Hi,

     I'm working on a project that has not yet decided on a development
environment.  My boss has asked me to prepare a document detailing each
possible option and estimating the cost in developer time for those
options.  One possibility is Sybase.  I have extensive experience in
Oracle and Ingres, but very little in Sybase.

     I'd like to receive comments regarding the Sybase UI and reporting
tools, especially compared with Oracle and/or Ingres.  I'm primarily
concerned with ease of development, flexibility, usability of the
resulting screens, and Macintosh interface, if any.

     If there is interest I'll be happy to summarize the results for
the net.

Thanks,

Patrick May

                              "A contract programmer is always intense."

Sybase UI development tools

Post by Ingo Gring » Sat, 23 May 1992 14:37:18

Quote:>     If there is interest I'll be happy to summarize the results for
>the net.

Be sure there is at least one of them ...

Quote:>Thanks

Ingo Gringer

--
( (    00    Ingo Gringer ----------  Data Managment Systems    ) )
 ) )   <           Chemnitz University of Technology           ( (

Sybase UI development tools

Post by zhaoc.. » Thu, 28 May 1992 22:20:08

I'm interested in too.

1. (Agency-SF Mid-Peninsula) Sybase/Oracle 4GL Application Development Tool Engineer

        POSITION: Client/Server 4GL Application Development Tool Engineer
in Oracle and/or Sybase.  Two positions open at the senior level or
below.

in the design, development and implementation of enhancements to
the 4GL product in a Sybase and/or Oracle client/server
environment.  The 4GL tool is used to build manufacturing,
distribution, financial, human resources and other packages.

        REQUIRED SKILLS: General C and UNIX skills as well as
knowledge of Oracle and/or Sybase.  Training will be provided for
the 4GL tool.

        PREFERRED SKILLS: VAX/VMS skills a plus.

        COMPANY: Well-established mid-peninsula firm with an
excellent track record and growth opportunity.

        OFFERED BY: Please email or fax resumes with salary requirements
to:

        Pat Franklyn Associates, Inc.
        655 Redwood Highway #350
        Mill Valley, CA 94941
        415-388-1894 (voice)
        415-388-1897 (fax)

2. Bandwidth Limiter Needed

3. c/s development tools, windows clients, unix servers with rdbms oracle or sybase.

4. colored underline

5. Big Problems Running Oracle Enterprise Manager Tools Ver. 2.0.4.0.0 - Java UI related

6. Disc Tray Problem

7. (Agency SF Mid-Peninsula) Sybase/Oracle 4GL Development of Business and Financial Applications

8. Freewwweb 80 hour limit???

9. (Agency-Atlanta, GA) Oracle/Sybase 4GL Development of Business and Financial Applications

10. ****Sybase Programmer for Silicon Valley - New Generation Development*********

11. Choosing a UNIX based database and development tools

12. Disk for "Working with Oracle Development Tools"

13. Application Development Tools