Minimum Installation for 8.1.7 Client for W2K for ODBC Connection

Minimum Installation for 8.1.7 Client for W2K for ODBC Connection

Post by Peter Jenn » Wed, 14 Jan 2004 17:21:08

Hi NG

We want to access ORA 8.1.7 Server with MS-ACCESS on W2K via ODBC.

But I don't like to do the huge client installation (a lot of machines).
What is the minimum really needed for such an installation.
I don't need an documentation installed etc.
Of course I need the the ODBC Driver, but what else do I need ?
tsnames file etc ?

Thanks for any hint
Peter

1. Installation problem for Oracle 8.1.7 peroanl on w2k pro

Hi All,

I got a very strange error when tried to install oracle 8i peronal on
windows 2000 pro. I unzipped the file to a folder, and clicked the
setup.exe,  then nothing. The installer didn't show up, neither any
error message. I just installed in another box a week ago with the same
zip file. Any idea? Thanks

Kevin

2. com stack error when designed in c#

3. Oracle 9i w2k Client error -Credential retrieval failed.

4. about the instance in rfExamples

5. sendmail & MIIS 5

6. Minimum set for seqnet & form40 to run on a client site

7. Clie T665 charge voltage

8. Minimum requirements for ODBC connectivity to Oracle database

9. SQL*NET 2.0 installation on client

10. Sqlnet V1 installation on SUN clients

11. Can SecurId be used to protect client-server TCP/IP connections?