Forms Error:fatal help!!

Post by Mahesh Vallampa » Wed, 15 Jun 1994 12:41:06

Yo DBA gurus,
I have a form error FRM-40501:Oracle error-unable to reserve record for
update or delete. Forms manuals says that this is a fatal error when forms
was trying to select the record for update.
Apparently one of our secerataries who was doing this form was logging
from a PC using telnet and the telnet connection snapped.And again when the
forms was invoked,we came across this error.
The manual says contact the DBA.well,i am the DBA so i tried all tricks
even shut down the database but of no avail:-(. when i try to delete this
record using SQL*Plus the plus just stops.
My guess is when the telnet connection snapped, the locks were not released.
so i looked at the sys tables , v_$lock , v_$_lock and DBMS_LOCK_Allocated.
DBMS_LOCK_Allocated is empty but v_$lock and v_$_lock has some entries
which i am not able to interpret.
anybody willing to lend a helping hand to a rookie?
-----------------
Ur help would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks and Regards
Mahesh Vallampati
M.S. In EE
Dept.of Electrical Engineering,
Texas A & M University.
Ph:(409)845-6189
\\      In the Beginning there was Codd.....

Forms Error:fatal help!!

Post by Mahesh Vallampa » Wed, 15 Jun 1994 12:51:29

OOOPS:simple solution:exported the table dropped it and recreated it.
Never thought it was so simple.thanks for ur time.

Thanks and Regards
Mahesh Vallampati
M.S. In EE
Dept.of Electrical Engineering,
Texas A & M University.
Ph:(409)845-6189
// Let noble thoughts come to us from all sides ... the Rig Veda.