Basic Netware Server Question

Post by Ashley Shephe » Tue, 19 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Can someone offer me some advice on how to ensure that the Oracle 7.1
Server on Netware 3.12 starts when the server boots, and also on how
to automatically shutdown the Database.  Are there some NLM's that I
don't know about.  I have scoured all the Documentation, which isn't
much, and there is no reference to what I want to do,

Many Thanks

Ashley

Post by Dieter Oberkofle » Thu, 21 Mar 1996 04:00:00

> Can someone offer me some advice on how to ensure that the Oracle 7.1
> Server on Netware 3.12 starts when the server boots, and also on how
> to automatically shutdown the Database.  Are there some NLM's that I
> don't know about.  I have scoured all the Documentation, which isn't
> much, and there is no reference to what I want to do,

> Many Thanks

> Ashley
> >*****************************************************
> >Ashley Shepherd
> >Integrated Business Support Services Ltd

> >*****************************************************

Hello Ashley,

The loading a nd unloading of the NLMs can be done with
the supplied oraload.ncf and oraunld.ncf stored in
the system directory on the netware server.

I use the following two scripts to start and stop the oracle
database on a novell netware server.

The files (in my case) are stored in 'vol1:\oranw\createdb'.

----- START OF: STARTDB.SQL -----
SET TERMOUT ON
SET ECHO ON
SPOOL startdb.log

STARTUP PFILE=vol1:\oranw\createdb\init.ora
SPOOL off
DISCONNECT
----- END OF: STARTDB.SQL -----

----- START OF STOPDB.SQL -----
SET TERMOUT ON
SET ECHO ON
SPOOL stopdb.log

SHUTDOWN IMMEDIATE
SPOOL off
DISCONNECT
----- END OF STOPDB.SQL -----

In the startup or shutdown sequences of the Netware server
itself i insert one of the following lines:
LOAD SVRMGR (CLIB_OPT)/<VOL1:ORANW\CREATEDB\STARTDB.SQL
LOAD SVRMGR (CLIB_OPT)/<VOL1:ORANW\CREATEDB\STOPDB.SQL

The SRVMGR.NLM is a new version of the SQLDBA.NLM shipped
with Oracle 7.1.4.

Hope it helpts

Dieter Oberkofler
Software Engineer

LEADING BITS GmbH.               Tel             (+43-1) 586 76 11
Schleifmuehlgasse 5/17           Fax             (+43-1) 587 76 15

Austria                          Compuserve            100141.1314