Bug/Feature in Oracle Reports 2.0.13 ???

Bug/Feature in Oracle Reports 2.0.13 ???

Post by Spencer H Moo » Thu, 05 Jan 1995 02:22:27

I'm trying to figure out if this is a bug or a feature of Oracle Reports 2
running under Motif in a Unix environment (Sun):

Let's say I'm trying to produce a simple report.  I'm selecting from a table
where one record from the table produces one or more pages on the report and
I'm using a between pages trigger.  Generally what should happen is this:

a record is retrieved

a record is retrieved
the between pages trigger fires

a record is retrieved
the between pages trigger fires

a record is retrieved
the between pages trigger fires

etc...

This happens fine when I run interactively, but when I run with batch=yes the
result is more like this:

a record is retrieved
a record is retrieved
a record is retrieved
a record is retrieved
etc...

the between pages trigger fires
the between pages trigger fires
the between pages trigger fires
etc...

So the between pages triggers all fire at the end!  Needless to say, this
screws up what I'm doing in the between pages trigger!  Anyone had any
experience with this?  I don't have a workaround (I'm trying to count pages
produced for each record and then update the record to reflect the number of
pages created).  Any ideas?

Thanks.

Spencer Moore

1. Oracle Reports 2.0.13

I have an application which launches 2 reports. The first report sends a
printout to a preprinted form on LPT1. The second report sends labels to
a printer on LPT2. The problem of course is that Reports 2.0.13 does not
support 2 printers at one time. Since Forms 4.0.12 has no way of
switching printers, I have to host from forms, use a Visual basic utility
to modify the default printer for Windows to be LPT1, execute the first
report, then return to forms, hhost out to set the default printer to
lpt2 and then execute report 2. this works, but is slow. Anyone else have
a solution for this? perhaps someone who has actually had to do something
like this. I would appreciate it. Thanks

2. surplus stores in bay area...

3. Reports 2.0.13 & ASCII Files

4. Hayes OPTIMA 96-Need Help

5. Problem in converting 1.1 reports to 2.0.13

6. Info for Mac Serial Ports

7. movrep (Reports 2.0.13) from SQL*ReportWriter V1.1

8. matrix implementation with valarray

9. HELP on REP-3300 VGS errors with Reports 2.0.13 (repost)

10. Is this a bug or a feature?

11. Power Objects Bug or feature? Help!

12. ORACLE 7.0.12/7.0.13 - Why move?

13. Anyone using Oracle 7.0.13 on VAX/VMS?