XML Encode

Post by Venkatesan » Tue, 16 Apr 2002 14:48:08

Hi folks,

In .ASP I am using Server.HTMLEncode method to replace the special
charecters to HTML equalant charecters. How do I replace the special chars
to XML safe chars. Is there any new methods or custom functions available.

Thanks in advance.

1. XML encoding type for RTF data (ANSI encoding)

Dear all,

     We are doing an application which involves RTF data being transferred
to and from XML.That is i export the RTF data as  XML dom elements text and
viceversa. When we are reading back the DomElements text, NEWLINE [ chr(13)
+ chr(10) ] charecter in RTF are getting converted to UTF-8  Newline
 chr(10) ]. coz of this RTF is not interpretted properly.

When we paste a Image in RTF and export to XML, we cannot get back the
formated RTF as RTF control does not recognise other than ANSI encoding. As
a temporary solution we are finding the newline charcter[ chr(10) ]  to
replacing with ANSI newline [ chr(13) + chr(10)]. But if you could suggest a
way to incorporate ANSI encoding it could solve it easily.

Please respond back

Regards,
         Anil Kumar and Raja Ramesh

2. Templates for objects other than users

3. How can I get the ouput encoding from the xml encoding

4. Deploy .MSP files using GPO

5. Please educate me regarding to XML encoding and XML parser

6. Eudora vs. AIX?

7. xml to html using xsl: How to preserve xml encoding ?

8. How to program small MIDI applications?

9. XML encoding with ADO recordset XML

10. XML Encoding : What Scheme To Use For German Characters?

11. XML encoding

12. XML encoding question

13. Apache SOAP Literal XML Encoding