XMLFilter with SAX

Post by Ghassan Karwcha » Wed, 12 Mar 2003 14:20:19

Anybody used IVBSAXXMLFilter interface with MS SAX 4.0?
I am workin with it and I didn't figure out how to use it
I created a XML reader and assign its content handler and error handler
then how to assign with that a XMLfilter?

any contribution will be appriciated

1. SAXResult with XMLFilter chain

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to transform an XML document via XSLT where the result of the
tranformation gets postprocessed by an XMLFilter. I am using the dom4j
and JAXP APIs. I do this by pushing the result of the transformation
into a SAXResult that gets instantiated with the filter as argument. The
actual filter is an object of class XMLWriter that writes its output
into a StringWriter.
My problem: everything works fine when I use one XMLWriter to filter the
SAX events. But I would like to chain filters to provide further
processing of the transformation result. I tried to do this by calling
the #setParent method with no success. I tried some other variations
with no luck. No more than the filter is called that is passed
in the SAXResult constructor.

Any ideas?

- Knut

2. Linksys network card..

3. Help with XMLFilters

4. Canon 6000 & 8000 series

5. New to SAX: Is there a corresponding getNodeValue method in SAX

6. VT-Terminal Emulators under MS-Windows

7. SAX 2.0 and SAX for C++

8. ARP cache size limit?, CSC3

9. Schema Validation with SAX in VC++ (dup the Validate Docs using SAX in VB App)

10. Global variable initialization problem in SAX Parsing. Is this a SAX Bug?

11. Puting a SAX Parser on a wait state

12. SAX Handlers Nestable?

13. SAX driver