XSLT processing without hardcoding stylesheet

XSLT processing without hardcoding stylesheet

Post by Mark Fain » Fri, 08 Sep 2000 11:10:11

Ok, Here is what I don't understand

If I have a group of XML documents and want to transform them to html
without embeding a link to a xsl stylesheet then how do I do this?  It seems
it would be hard for XML/XSLT to be very uselful unless I could do the XSLT
processing in a dynamic way.

Also most of the products I"ve seen on xml.apache.org all rely on java or
c++ programming and complex server side processing, is this the only way XML
is useful today?

Also does anyone know of a very comprehensive xml resource, I have many more
questions but don't want to waste any more of your time?

-Mark

XSLT processing without hardcoding stylesheet

Post by Thierry Bezecour » Fri, 08 Sep 2000 16:54:50

Quote:

> If I have a group of XML documents and want to transform them to html
> without embeding a link to a xsl stylesheet then how do I do this?

With most XSLT processors, you can specify the XSLT stylesheet on the
command line. For example, if you want to apply a foo.xsl stylesheet to
a foo.xml file, this is how you can do in on the command line with
Xalan:

  java org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -in foo.xml -xsl foo.xsl

Quote:> Also most of the products I"ve seen on xml.apache.org all rely
> on java or c++ programming and complex server side processing,
> is this the only way XML is useful today?

With the command line above, you need no java or C++ programming. The
command line would be even simpler with a C/C++ processor like XT or
Xalan C++.

Quote:> Also does anyone know of a very comprehensive xml resource, I have
> many more questions but don't want to waste any more of your time?

The Cover pages are *very* comprehensive:
  http://www.oasis-open.org/cover

But you need some time to browse them.  If you are more in a hurry:
  Also see http://www.xml.com

--
Thierry Bzecourt
http://www.thbz.cx

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Does ServerXMLHTTP support NT/Challenge Response authentication without hardcode username/password in the .open statement?

Hi,

We are using the ServerXMLHTTP protocol.
It seems that the user credentials are not being sent to the server using
SeverXMLHTTP protocol,
although the identification setting is set to NT/Challenge Response.
When we hardcode username/password in the .open statement everything is
going well.
But we need the user credentials for a correct working of the system.

Does ServerXMLHTTP not support that way of authentication?

Anyone has a clue ?
If anyone has a link, it will be very kind.
Thanks

2. IRIS 5.3 Desktops Licensing password?

3. How to specifiy column headings in XSL without hardcoding them?

4. linking microsoft access to pro/e

5. Problem processing XML with XSLT stylesheet

6. exploer errors

7. Attaching XSL stylesheets without embedding pi in XML file

8. _MethodBase->Invoke_3: getting ref parameters back

9. URI to process XML page using a specific stylesheet

10. Processing multiple XML files into one XSL StyleSheet.

11. stylesheet processing instruction in XML

12. Stylesheet commands not processed in IE5.5?

13. How to write XSLT stylesheet that generates XSLT instead of XML