what's the best way to update multiple computer msxml parsers

what's the best way to update multiple computer msxml parsers

Post by Pucky Louck » Thu, 07 Jun 2001 01:10:53

Is there an easy way to update to msxml v3.0? We would like to roll out
version 3 sp1 of microsofts parser but how do we do it without visiting each
desktop and running xmlinst.exe ?

Hope someone can help.

Pucky Loucks
Business Systems Programmer
ACD Systems Ltd.

what's the best way to update multiple computer msxml parsers

Post by Julia J » Thu, 07 Jun 2001 02:17:07

You can redistribute the 3.0 SP1 parser along with your application.
If you use windows installer technology,

You  can use the merge module of the 3.0 SP1 parser
http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?URL=/code/sample.asp?...
dn-files/027/001/592/msdncompositedoc.xml

or you can use the CAB redist package

http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?URL=/code/sample.asp?...
dn-files/027/001/650/msdncompositedoc.xml

both links provide documentation on how to use them.

As for xmlinst.exe, if your application  uses version dependent
progid(which is highly recommended practice), for example
MSXML2.Document30 or MSXML2.DOMDocument.3.0,  which will automatically use
new 3.0 SP1 dll to create objects, you don't need to run xmlinst.
Otherwise, you may need to run

xmlinst msxml3

Note, xmlinst is mainly for testing and maintaning backward compatibility.

Thanks !
Julia

1. What's the best Parser???

Hi at all,

I'm writing a graduation thesis based on the XML document and I need to
use a Parser in Java to read one document to translate it in another
language. I've downloaded the Sun Java Parser, but I know that IBM has
one too. So what is the best parser to use??? What is the most diffused
one???

--
        _
       //\

2. What SIMMs does SLC use?

3. computer 2 computer

4. comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro FAQ pointer

5. some computers with IE6 can't display XML with space as character 1

6. BIND 4.9 address ordering

7. DOMDocument40 code doesn't work on all computers - Why?

8. WANTED: 88 Meg Syquest Carts

9. MSXML parser won't validate against w3c schema

10. Multiple 'parents' in XML?

11. XML Parser MSXML4.dll : 'Automation server can't create object'

12. MSXML 3.0 parser can't load xml documents?

13. wrapping multiple xml doc types -best practices