Cannot access XML data island in Win2K

Post by Tim Dallman » Sat, 16 Sep 2000 04:00:00

I have the following XML data island created:

<XML ID="ActivityTypeXML">
<ActivityTypes>
  <ActivityType>
    <ActivityTypeId>184</ActivityTypeId>
    <ProcessTypeId>1</ProcessTypeId>
    <ChangeTo_ProcessStatusId>0</ChangeTo_ProcessStatusId>
    <ActivityName>Need for Confirmation Letter Sent</ActivityName>
    <DetailASP></DetailASP>
    <CorrFolderName></CorrFolderName>
    <CorrTemplateName></CorrTemplateName>
    <SelectToCC>False</SelectToCC>
    <SelectStatus>False</SelectStatus>
    <DisplaySeq>2020</DisplaySeq>
  </ActivityType>
</ActivityTypes>
</XML>

I have sucessfully accessed this data using the following JavaScript:

currNode = ActivityTypeXML.XMLDocument.documentElement.selectSingleNode
("ActivityType[ActivityTypeId="+lActivityTypeId+"]");

However, when I ran this in Win2K, I get the error:
Error:'ActivityTypeXML.XMLDocument.documentElement' is null or not an
object.

I have tried going to Win2K SP1, as well as upgrading to IE5.5, bu
nothing seems to make a difference.  It still works fine on Win98 and
NT4 with IE5 (all versions).

Any Ideas???
--
Tim Dallmann
Westminster, CO

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Cannot access XML data island in Win2K

Post by b » Mon, 18 Sep 2000 00:57:09

currNode = ActivityTypeXML.XMLDocument.selectSingleNode
("ActivityType[ActivityTypeId="+lActivityTypeId+"]");

--
<internet-revolution>
<future>xml</future>

MCSE (4+)