AAArrgh

Post by Warre » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 22:12:30

Right,

How do I put the following in my xsl file so that when the HTML is output it
does what you expect it to?

First off, i need to add a   but this causes an error in the sheet that
stops it loading. If I wrap it in cdata it is rendered as " " instead
of a no-break space character.

Second I need to have a link tag as follows

but again this causes issues in that it an error in the sheet.

Warren

AAArrgh

Post by Oleg Tkachenk » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 23:40:09

> First off, i need to add a &nbsp; but this causes an error in the sheet that
> stops it loading. If I wrap it in cdata it is rendered as "&nbsp;" instead
> of a no-break space character.

Use &#xA0; instead.

Quote:> Second I need to have a link tag as follows

> but again this causes issues in that it an error in the sheet.

I don't see any reason this can cause a error, provide full example, please.
--
Oleg Tkachenko
http://www.tkachenko.com/blog

AAArrgh

Post by Warre » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 23:22:53

> > First off, i need to add a &nbsp; but this causes an error in the sheet
that
> > stops it loading. If I wrap it in cdata it is rendered as "&nbsp;"
instead
> > of a no-break space character.
> Use &#xA0; instead.

> > Second I need to have a link tag as follows

> > but again this causes issues in that it an error in the sheet.
> I don't see any reason this can cause a error, provide full example,
please.
> --
> Oleg Tkachenko
> http://www.tkachenko.com/blog
> Multiconn Technologies, Israel

Thanks for the first fix, that solved it :)

Here is a block that stops the xsl sheet being loaded if included and the
sheet works fine if I remove it

I Have the following in the head part of the template

<script language="JavaScript">
<![CDATA[
<!--
function PopupSample(strPage)
{
 window.open(strPage, 'Sample',
'toolbar=0,scrollbars=1,location=0,statusbar=0n,menubar=0,resizable=1,height
=600,width=680');

Quote:}

//-->
]]>
</script>

I assume that I need to escape the java script in this way?

Warren

AAArrgh

Post by Warre » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 23:53:45

Quote:> Thanks for the first fix, that solved it :)

Just looked a little more and the &#xA0; just adds a ? character to the
display instead of a non break space. Is this the correct character code?

Warren

AAArrgh

Post by Julian F. Reschk » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 01:49:33

> > > First off, i need to add a &nbsp; but this causes an error in the
sheet
> that
> > > stops it loading. If I wrap it in cdata it is rendered as "&nbsp;"
> instead
> > > of a no-break space character.
> > Use &#xA0; instead.

> > > Second I need to have a link tag as follows

> > > but again this causes issues in that it an error in the sheet.
> > I don't see any reason this can cause a error, provide full example,
> please.
> > --
> > Oleg Tkachenko
> > http://www.tkachenko.com/blog
> > Multiconn Technologies, Israel

> Thanks for the first fix, that solved it :)

> Here is a block that stops the xsl sheet being loaded if included and the
> sheet works fine if I remove it

This isn't wellformed.

Quote:> ...

AAArrgh

Post by Julian F. Reschk » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 01:50:37

Quote:> > Thanks for the first fix, that solved it :)

> Just looked a little more and the &#xA0; just adds a ? character to the
> display instead of a non break space. Is this the correct character code?

Yes, it is.

You almost certainly have an encoding problem -- that is the transformation
result is labeled to be in encoding "x", while it's really in encoding "y".

Julian

1. AAARRGH, an Amigan in torment

Things started off so well today.  An extra hour of sleep because of the
end of daylight savings time.  But then, I switched on my old faithful
Amiga 500 to reset the clock.  I have an old Amiga 500 with that "sidecar"
hard drive (590) and an external SCSI hard drive hooked up to the sidecar
hard drive.

Well, the Amiga works, the 590 works, the SCSI hard drive whirrs and
flashes some lights when the Amiga is booting, but the icons for the hard
drive (it's partitioned as two separate drives) don't appear on the
desktop any more.  All of my software is on the SCSI (except for the
system which is on the 590).

So, someone walk me through the steps I need to go through to determine if
it is the fault of the A500, the 590, or the external drive.

The external drive is an old Mac external drive, which I re-formatted and
have used very successfully as an Amiga drive for a couple years.

Thanks.

2. Eye images in DICOM

3. Pagestream3 AAARRGH!!!

4. Web Reporting and Stale Resource Records

5. Aaarrgh!

6. SPARC 5 running SunOS 4.3.1 needs audio -- how?

7. Aaarrgh!! Help needed with Toshiba XM5302

8. IDE ZIP / Problems

9. Stingersoft Died?....,NOOOOOOO.. aaarrgh!

10. Aaarrgh! (No Domain server)

11. Null modem cable? PC -> CPC? .DSK -> CF2 AAARRGH!!!!!