margin-top in XML XSL

Post by Marc Broec » Tue, 04 Jun 2002 17:58:14

Hi there,

I'm developing a tool which prints safety labels on paper.  All the
labels have to printed on predefined places on that paper.  My problem
is that I always get a top-margin of 12 mm, which is too much, but in
the print dialog of my browser( Explorer 5.5) , the top-margin should
be 6mm.   Where do these additional 6 mm come from ?
As a result of that, I cannot print my labels on the correct spot.

Please help me out ?

Thanks.

Marc Broeckx

1. Docbook, XSL, FOP and margins

Hello

I've got a really basic problem, but I didn't manage to solve it using
documentation and tutorials. I'm using standard Docbook-XSL stylesheets,
which I want to personalize. In particular, I would like to set left and
right margin. There are parameters in Docbook-XSL called page.margin.inner
and page.margin.outer. I don't want double-sided output, so I set
doublesided to 0:

<xsl:param name="double.sided" select="0"/>
<xsl:param name="page.margin.inner" select="'3.5cm'"/>
<xsl:param name="page.margin.outer" select="'1.5cm'"/>

According to the tutorial I've read, when double.sided is set to 0,
page.margin.inner corresponds to the left margin on all pages.
Unfortunatelly, I get mirrored margins on even and odd pages in output PDF.
What am I doing wrong?

I'll be gratefull for any suggestions.

Regards

Piotr Czapiewski

--
Serwis Usenet w portalu Gazeta.pl -> http://www.gazeta.pl/usenet/

2. WWE Raw

3. margins in xsl??

4. WTS: IBM 570 Laptop with Docking Station.

5. margins in xsl

6. Project Tracking and Baselines - need help

7. VS Add-Ins for XML

8. XML -> PDF, FO:newline and margins

9. XML/XSL and filtering top five records

10. margin doen't work in region-before an region-after

11. Word 2000 page margins in IE5