If ® is the text you would use for displaying the (R) symbol, do you know what it is for the copywrite info (c)?

If ® is the text you would use for displaying the (R) symbol, do you know what it is for the copywrite info (c)?

Post by Rick » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 08:03:57

Hey all... The title says it all.... Also, what are these things called?  I
call them escape chars, but I suspect that is not the correct term for
them... If I new, i would most likely be able to search MSDN for an
answer...

Thanks  =)
Rick

If ® is the text you would use for displaying the (R) symbol, do you know what it is for the copywrite info (c)?

Post by Bjoern Hoehrman » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 12:22:42

* Rick wrote in microsoft.public.xsl:

Quote:>Subject: If ® is the text you would use for displaying the (R) symbol, do you know what it is for the copywrite info (c)?

Microsoft Windows typically ships with a utility called charmap which
you can use to find it out yourself. If you don't use Microsoft Windows
or charmap is not installed on your computer, you can visit
<http://www.unicode.org/> which provides tables with this information.
The copyright sign is U+00A9 which could be referenced via e.g. &#xA9;
or &#169;

Quote:>Hey all... The title says it all.... Also, what are these things called?

(Numerical) character references.