XSLT bug?

Post by gosh » Sat, 28 Oct 2000 05:05:37

I have problem using the following XSL script:

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
<xsl:template match="*|/"><xsl:apply-templates/></xsl:template>

select="."/></xsl:template>
<xsl:template match="/">
<HTML>
<SCRIPT language="javascript">

<xsl:comment><![CDATA[

function button1_onclick() {
        var ppp = 1;
        ppp--;

Quote:}

//
]]></xsl:comment>
</SCRIPT>
</HTML>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

When I try to execute it on IE with the latest msxml it generates a
space between --, so I'm getting the following:
        var ppp;
        ppp- -;

that produces IE error message.

What's wrong with this?
Thanks,
Greg Galperin

XSLT bug?

Post by isi.. » Sun, 29 Oct 2000 04:49:52

In article

> I have problem using the following XSL script:

> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
> <xsl:template match="*|/"><xsl:apply-templates/></xsl:template>

> select="."/></xsl:template>
> <xsl:template match="/">
> <HTML>
> <SCRIPT language="javascript">

> <xsl:comment><![CDATA[

> function button1_onclick() {
>    var ppp = 1;
>    ppp--;
> }

> //
> ]]></xsl:comment>
> </SCRIPT>
> </HTML>
> </xsl:template>
> </xsl:stylesheet>

> When I try to execute it on IE with the latest msxml it generates a
> space between --, so I'm getting the following:
>    var ppp;
>    ppp- -;

> that produces IE error message.

> What's wrong with this?
> Thanks,
> Greg Galperin

It's illegal to use -- in comments in XSL : cf.
http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt.html#section-Creating-Comments

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. XSLT Bug Verified

In case anyone is interested, the XML::XSLT bug previously
reported has been verified.

This is perfectly valid XSL, supported by the W3C
documentation:

Yet the Perl XSLT module will only substitute attributes within
expression brackets { }  if they are the first and only thing between
the quotes.  Once any other text is encountered, the remaining
attributes are not substituted, producing this as the output:

This affects all versions of XML::XSLT from 0.19 through 0.24
EVEN IF the old versions of the supporting libraries are installed.
Perl 5.005 had no problem, but apparently Perl 5.6.1 is causing a problem
for the XSLT.pm module.

I have some guesses as to what the problem is, but it could be anywhere in
tens of thousands of lines of Perl, so I'll leave it to those more
knowledgeable.

--
"I'm sorry, Captain, but I have an emergency call on
line five from a Mr. Ham."

"Alright, give me Ham on five, hold the Mayo."

Scott
Heavy Cat Multimedia Ltd.
http://www.heavycat.com - Only the Gameplay Matters
http://www.ladystar.net - Your Magical and Mysterious Adventure Awaits

2. advice needed re search form

3. Basic XSLT bug involving default attribute values

4. LISP - no more??

5. XSLT bugs

6. Memory question

7. Bug in XML4J or bug in my program ?

8. Drafix CAD for the ST

9. SingleselectNode "bug" clarification.......its not a bug!!

10. My bug, your bug? Textarea Name-Attribute Fails

11. MSXML 3.0 encoding bug or bug in SQL2k XML support

12. Bug in XML4J or bug in my program ?

13. XML DOM Bug or VBScript Bug?