xlink as glossary tool?

Post by Andy Rossmeis » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 07:05:51

Hi there-
I run a rather large website that serves primarily as a technical
information repository. I've been researching ways to process
documents as they're served in such a way that technical terms which
have glossary entries are made into hyperlinks pointing at their entry
in a glossary. The site is XHTML 1.0 Strict compliant, but
unfortunately it's necessary that I serve it from IIS (Windows). Am I
correct that this is something that XLink can do? What sort of
additional software do I need to do this?

My instincts tell me that this sort of thing must have been attempted
before, so if there's another solution I'm missing, kindly point me to
it.

Thanks much,
Andrew Rossmeissl
WiscNet

1. Which tool(s) support xlink and xpointer?

Hello all,

I'm want to use xlink and xpointer for a website. Are there any
tools that support these standards completely? I only saw a few tools
that have partial support.

Ruud Cox

2. E11 or Nino?

3. tools to show xlink

4. franklin ace manuals and disk

5. Glossary in XML?

6. CFA: First Workshop on Power Driven Microarchitecture

7. Zvon glossary

8. Sito in Italiano -Tributo allo ZX SPECTRUM

9. Standards glossary

10. glossary DTD?

11. Glossary of XML Terms

12. XML browser/editor supporting XSLT, XLink, and XForms

13. Xlink