1. Win2k, MS Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 (USB), feedback and centering do not
Win2k, MS Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 (USB), feedback and centering do not
work. That's the problem.
First the joystick did not work at all. The installation program had not
found out that my AMD-processor-equipped computer has VIA USB ports.
So I had to go to MS site and download and install the VIA USB patch. Then
some of the joystick's functions started to work, but not the Force
feedback, and worst of all, not the mechanical centering of the handle, so
flying (for instance Warbirds III) is practically impossible. (The settings
have these both "on", and the joystick has USB ID# 1.)
Another similar joystick, known to work properly in another operating
system, has been tested in this same machine, with similar results: no
feedback, no centering.
During booting of the machine, there can be some resistance felt in the
stick for just a short moment, but when the booting process is over, there
is no feedback or centering in the stick.
My "pointing device" is an MS "Intellimouse Optical" USB / PS/2 mouse,
connected with a PS/2 adapter to a PS/2 port, and it seems to work
flawlessly. Could this interfere with the foystick?
I am not so worried about the "vibration" function of the joystick, but the
centering is essential.
The text on the box cover claimed that the joystick would work in
a Win2K Pro machine. Was this an outright lie?
2. Spacebar 5mx fix
3. Feedback Form...feedback to Mail?
4. Two Problems with Forecast in Money 98
5. How to get Feedback from Feedback
6. Log available?
7. Feedback Form, How to have send the Feedback by Email
8. Does envoy communicate with NMS or managed device?
9. No feedback from feedback form
10. state feedback instead of output feedback?
11. Microsoft SideWinder Force Feedback - No Feedback!!
12. Force Feedback, Feedback needed !
13. New public working draft of XML Schema, comments invited