Simple XML to XML XSL

Post by Ramje » Sat, 16 Mar 2002 23:14:42

This is a really simple newbie question ...

But what would be the XSL look like that would take any well formed XML and
output it in nice indended XML style ... ?

eg From :-

<DUDE><NAME value="fred/><ADDRESS value="somewhere"/></DUDE>

To :-

<DUDE>
    <NAME value="fred"/>
    <ADDRESS value="somewhere"/>
</DUDE>

TIA

RR

Simple XML to XML XSL

Post by Tim Hea » Wed, 20 Mar 2002 00:44:41

If you use xslt you can return html, so whatever you need to display you
can. I use xslt to display html tables of data. Can't post it here
because you lose the html formatting, but have a look at
www.postar.co.uk/standards/xml/data dictionary. This is all xml data
returned via xslt.

Tim Heap
Software & Database Manager
POSTAR Ltd
www.postar.co.uk

1. Simple Oh so simple...

This is the schema:

<Categories>
    <Category>
        <CategoryID>1</Category>
        <Name>Shopping</Name>
    </Category>
    <Category>
        <CategoryID>2</CategoryID>
        <Name>Sports</Name>
    </Category>
</Categories>

How do I select the Name value of the category with an CategoryID of 2?

2. Peter and Marc

3. Simple test with XML/XSL in ie5b

4. View Creation on Selection (R4.01)

5. Sorting XML using XSL - simple question

6. Hyperblade: Retained Mode or Immediate Mode?

7. Sorting XML using XSL - very simple question

8. Vidoe Toaster

9. Simple XSL Question: Navigating thro' XML Structure

10. Help tranformming a simple xml and xsl file?

11. How to use XML/XSL to build simple text messages using a "template"

12. Simple XML/XSL transformation problems