Q: Restrictions in sizes when including binary data into XML files.

Q: Restrictions in sizes when including binary data into XML files.

Post by Tomas Palmquis » Wed, 16 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Im programming in VJ++ and is wondering if there is any restrictions
in size when including lage amounts of texts. (Base64 encoded binary data)

The parser included in Visual Studio 6.0 is msxml.dll, or ?
If so this is the parser I'm wondering about.

How do i use the parser in msxml2.dll ?

        // Tomas P

Q: Restrictions in sizes when including binary data into XML files.

Post by yclept Keshl » Thu, 17 Feb 2000 04:00:00

You can't enclose arbitrary binary data in XML, except by
encoding it as text or referring to it as an external file.

Q: Restrictions in sizes when including binary data into XML files.

Post by Andreas F?rbe » Thu, 17 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> > [...] Base64 encoded binary data

This is "encoding as text", isn't it? <g/>

Unfortunately I don't know the limits either.

Andreas

> You can't enclose arbitrary binary data in XML, except by
> encoding it as text or referring to it as an external file.

> --

1. Including binary data in xml

What is the best (only?) way to include arbitrary binary data in an xml
document.  For example, if I query a database and convert binary data
into xml for transmission to another system, I cannot have a string of
binary chars that equals the end tag, else the data gets trunc'ed and
the xml is not well-formed.  How do I get around this?

Thanks,
--Brant

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

2. MS Fortran PowerStation and LAPACK

3. How to include Binary Data in an XML document ?

4. OS2 2.1 GA official patches

5. How to include a binary file into XML?

6. How to create self extrac

7. Send binary (file) data in XML tag

8. Outlook PST File Transfer...

9. How can I retrieve the Image Binary data in XML file with XSL properly?

10. Is it possible to embed raw binary data in an XML file?

11. Embedding binary data into an XML file

12. file encoding and Binary Data

13. XML include of a XML file that includes another???