SOAP and Data Discovery

Post by Gary Huntres » Fri, 23 Nov 2001 12:47:10

I think that I've got a handle on the basics of SOAP.  I've done a few
examples with sample code and I've written some basic client and server
pages.

The thing I'm not sure about is the "data discovery" part.   Suppose I know
that someone is offering a SOAP service on a particular webserver but I
don't know the format of their public functions.   Is there supposed to be a
protocol that will document functions that are available and the in/out
parameters?

--
Regards,
Gary "SuperID" Huntress

1. Automated discovery of RSS

I want to use a client program to display headline changes for websites.
The client I am using (Watznew and KlipFolio) effectively do text searches
and display the results of the searches.

RSS files are perfect to do this - however, I have to write the
administrator of each website and hope they divulge the name/path of the RSS
file.

Is there any automated way, tool/script or otherwise, to discover the
existence of an RSS file?

Thanks.

2. conversion of (ptr to member) to int or bool

3. Using XML to improve resource discovery

4. Geocoding.EXP ?

5. Problem with .vsdisco/discovery files

6. Beauty And The Beast - Belle (Spanish) Lyrics included

7. RDF and resource discovery

8. Serial driver for MC68340

9. how-to send soap requests / receive soap responses (in java)

10. SOAP: can response be non-SOAP?

11. java app, Tomcat, Soap - where's soap response

12. xsi/xsd/SOAP-ENV/SOAP-ENC

13. Tomcat 3.2.3 and Soap 2.2 ->SOAP-ENV:Server.Exception