URGENT: Multiple Namespace in Schema Problem.

URGENT: Multiple Namespace in Schema Problem.

Post by Srira » Sat, 23 Jun 2001 15:35:05

Hi XML Gurus,

I aplogise for keeping this post too long... but I have a serious problem.
I have a scenario where I have a Schema file with two Elements of the same
name but referring to different namespaces.  When I create an XML referring
to either one of the namespaces, the datatype doesnt get checked by the XML
Processor.  Why is that?  Are there any limitations of using two or more
namespaces in the same Schema file or am I missing something?

This is the schema file  called Temp.xsd:
<Schema id="Temp"
 xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-data"
 xmlns:dt="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:datatypes"
 xmlns:v1="urn:version1"
 xmlns:v2="urn:version2">
 <ElementType name="CHILD" content="textOnly" dt:type="i2"
xmlns="urn:version1"/>
 <ElementType name="CHILD" content="textOnly" dt:type="i4"
xmlns="urn:version2"/>
 <ElementType name="ROOT" content="eltOnly" model="closed" order="seq">
     <element type="v1:CHILD" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="*"/>
 </ElementType>
</Schema>

This is the sample XML file based on the Schema:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<ROOT xmlns="x-schema:Temp.xsd">
<CHILD xmlns="urn:version1"> abcd </CHILD>
</ROOT>

If you see the XML file, there is a element called "CHILD" which is
referring to the urn:version1 namespace.. the datatype has to be an integer
but it is a string.. apparently, MSXML3 doesnt scream.. :(  I am using the
latest version of Msxml3.dll version Number:  8.0.7820.0.

Thanks in Advance,
S.

URGENT: Multiple Namespace in Schema Problem.

Post by Srira » Tue, 26 Jun 2001 21:10:59

Could somebody reply to this Please!?

1. How do you use multiple Namespaces in a Schema.

Hi All,

         I have been looking everywhere and I'm wondering how you use
multiple Namespaces in a XML file with a matching Schema, which
references and uses the same multiple Namespaces? Are there ANY
examples on the Internet? How do reference them in a Schema? Is there
any information??? I'm really interested using this concept with
Xerces-J-2.4.0 especially the DOM sample program dom.Writer. Any help
gratefully appreciated.

         How do you refrence them in a input XML file to parser,
especially Xerces-J-2.4.0?

Thanks Marco.

2. ZyXEL: voice/modem detection

3. Validating different namespaces with multiple XSD schemas

4. Anybody know how to use Nurlogic lib?

5. specifying multiple namespace-schema mappings with schemaLocation

6. boot up error

7. multiple namespaces problem

8. Now to configure NTP?

9. Multiple Namespaces problem

10. SCHEMA definition problem .URGENT PLZ

11. Solution to Multiple definition problems in multiple DTDs ??

12. urgent: multiple xsl and 1 xml