generate xml-structure by absolute xml-path

generate xml-structure by absolute xml-path

Post by Markus Strob » Sat, 27 Jul 2002 22:28:04

Hi!

Is it possible to generate the whole xml structure to a certain child-node
by specifying an absolute path to this node?

for example i have the following xml-document:

<xml>
    <a>
    </a>

    <b>
    </b>
 </xml>

and i want to insert the non-existent tag '//xml/c/d/e' to set its content.
the xml-document
should look like this afterwards:

<xml>
    <a>
    </a>

    <b>
    </b>

    <c>
        <d>
            <e>anyValue</e>
        </d>
    </c>

 </xml>

do i have to insert all parent-nodes first if they don't exist or is there
any other way to get this done?
if i do this manually how do i get the partial node-names out of the
xpath-query? i mean, if certain xpath-functions
are used?

any help would be appreciated! thanks in advance!

markus

1. XMetal converting absolute path to relative

When I open a document in XMetal with the doctype:
<!DOCTYPE text PUBLIC "-//BLA/DTD text//EN"
"file:///c:/eidon/dtd/tekst.dtd">
and I am changing the document and I save the document (NOT in
plain-text view) Xmetal is changing the doctype to:
<!DOCTYPE text PUBLIC "-//BLA/DTD text//EN" "../eidon/dtd/tekst.dtd">

Why is XMetal doing this? And how can we stop XMetal doing this?

Please help me!

Thanks,

John

2. TA's that convert Async to Sync PPP

3. xsl:include requires absolute path (C++)

4. DCOM activation problem on W95

5. transformNode() fails if GIFF file paths inserted by XSL are not absolute

6. TTF overstrikes

7. Absolute paths in document() function under MSXML3 SP1

8. Extra Storage

9. Free Software Generate DTD to XML Structure

10. Relative path or absolute path? which is good for performance.

11. generating location paths in xsl

12. How to retrive data from dynamically generated path?

13. generating a path