Accessing XML Data island via Java Applet source

Accessing XML Data island via Java Applet source

Post by KIRSTEN KONOPASK » Tue, 26 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hello,

I have a Java Applet that I am executing from within.
I wish to access the XML data island on the .html page whereby the Applet
was initialized from
(from within my Java code).

How do I do this?

Is there a way I can get to the DOM and then get to the XML island?

Is there an alternative way via hard coding the XML into a <param> tag?

Has ANYONE accomplished this?

Thanks,
Kirsten

Accessing XML Data island via Java Applet source

Post by Microsof » Wed, 27 Oct 1999 04:00:00

The downloadable source code on
http://msdn.microsoft.com/xml/IE4/jparser.asp
contains the XMLDSO.java implementation which does exactly this using the
JSObject API.

Quote:> Hello,