Does The ADOBE Reader for PPC work on HP IPAQ 1945

Does The ADOBE Reader for PPC work on HP IPAQ 1945

Post by Lenore_B.. » Sun, 04 Jan 2004 02:11:23

I have purchased some expensive business books for the acrobat reader format but I can not read them on my pocket pc. I have downloaded and activated version 6.0.1 of Adobe Reader for my pc. I downloaded Adobe Reader 1.0 for pocket p.c. into my HP IPAQ 1945 but when I drag the book from my desktop to my IPAQ folder I receive this message "Unable to open file, The file is being copied to handheld without processing. I turned off tagging and received this error when I tried to open the book in my handheld "There was an error opening this document. The viewer can not decrypt this document."

I am able to read the books on my desk top, but the reason I bought them is to have them with me at work and when traveling. Please help me figure this out.

Post by Arthur_Sm.. » Sun, 04 Jan 2004 02:21:20

Does The ADOBE Reader for PPC work on HP IPAQ 1945

Post by JonTay.. » Sat, 08 May 2004 07:01:26

On Adobe's site they say:

Q: Can I view eBooks on PocketPC?

A: eBooks are not currently supported on the Adobe Reader for PocketPC since it does not include the Adobe DRM system. We will evaluate Pocket PC support for a future release if there is enough demand from consumers.

If enough consumers demand it, it will probably happen.
Use the URL below to ask for it

 <http://www.adobe.com/support/feature.html>

1. iPAQ 2215 + Flash Player PPC = still not work!

I know some of you have been successfully install and using Flash Player 6 in PPC2003 in Pocket IE.
But I think I am one of the unlucky one to get it work.

Actually I have check the following:
- I have downloaded Flash Player PPC version 6.0.81.0
- I have try to use both ActiveSync 3.7 or directly copy the "activex.cab" to install
- The flash.dll locates in files://windows/Macromedia correctly and I can remove the program in Settings -> System -> Remove
Programs. (i.e The Flash Player PPC is successfully installed)
- I have try to soft reset my iPAQ after installing the Flash Player PPC.
- The *.swf and *.html file should be no problem (use default setting to publish in Flash MX), even though I have try to run those
example files in Flash Player PPC development kit.
- I have install FlashAssist. But the program told me I don't have any version of Flash Player PPC installed.

Does anyone know what I have missed or there's something wrong out there?
Any help would be appreciate, thank you!

-Kenneth

2. flash not working in AW6.5

3. Viewing Generator Content on Ipaq PPC

4. _droptarget and getProperty detection

5. Flash Player 6 / Ipaq / PPC 2003

6. Please help with some complicated code!!

7. iPAQ PPC communication with Desktop Flash App

8. format features?

9. HP IPaq Messenger

10. hp ipaq 3970!