Album default temp import folder?

Post by Mathias_Vejers.. » Sat, 31 Jul 2004 07:52:15

Hi

I just spent a couple of hours on this issue.. I imported a gig of photos from my 10D into Album 2.0, after the import screen had completed, I turned off the camera (it was no longer flashing busy), and I proceeded to click STOP when album screen changed to importing the photos (thumbnails) into the current catalog... I shouldnt have done that apparently.

I cant find the photos on my harddrive that I just spent half an hour importing over a slow USB1 connection. I even went as far as searching the drive for .JPEGs and .CRW files on date, but no result?! Did PS Album delete my photos from the drive when I clicked stop to updating catalog with thumbs?

Only the two photos or so that completed thumbnail process is in the selected import folder.

Mathias

Album default temp import folder?

Post by Chris_G_Fre.. » Sat, 31 Jul 2004 09:36:27

I'm a little confused - you seem to be saying you see two different
'screens' one for importing and one for 'importing thumbnails'

But I only ever get one screen - it shows the thumbnails of each image
as it is coped from the card, onto the HDD and  imported  into the
catalogue - this has a 'stop' button on it, once the import has stopped
this screen disappears and the photowell updates, and you get the latest
import batch displayed. AFAICS, importing and creating thumbnails and
updating the catalogue is one process. (sometimes there is a short delay
while PSA updates everything at the end  - but the only indication of
this is an hourglass icon bottom right of the PSA screen.

So anyway, I'm confused about what you said you did - but it sounds like
you actually interrupted the import - I doubt you will find the images
anywhere - if they are they will be in the recycle bin if anywhere.

I hope the images are still on the camera card, because I think you will
need to import them again (and this time let PSA be until it's finished)

BTW, a USB2 card reader (and expansion card  if necessary) is so much
quicker...........

--
Chris French

Album default temp import folder?

Post by Jim_Jüt.. » Sun, 01 Aug 2004 00:25:25

Absolutely Ed... can't use TWAIN for the camera... MUST be WIA.

Cheers

Album default temp import folder?

Post by Chris_G_Fre.. » Sun, 01 Aug 2004 01:04:50

Ah, well done Ed, I forgot about the Canon/Twain issue. I have a Canon
but always use a card reader, so didn't know about how it dealt with
them.

If the OP isn't using XP then a WIA isn't an option IIRC, best thing is
to get card reader and use that, Windows/PSA will se it as a drive and
import happily from them.
--
Chris French

Album default temp import folder?

Post by Nandan_.. » Thu, 05 Aug 2004 18:40:06

Hello Mathias:

Can you look at your temp folder. For me its at
C:\Documents and Settings\nandan\Local Settings\Temp\PSAlbumImport

I am on WindowsXP.

By the way this folder is hidden, so you may have to do the necessary settings to see all the folder. You can do that through
1. Open Explorer.
2. Tools -> Folder Options -> View -> Show hidden files and folder.

Let us know if you are able to find your pictures.

Thanks and all the best
Nandan

Album default temp import folder?

Post by Mathias_Vejers.. » Sun, 15 Aug 2004 09:05:15

Hello guys,

Late update; I found the photos in the temp folder Nandan hints at. My temp folder is on another drive than my picture folders, so that threw me off.

Thanks for the help.

Mathias

1. How to clean Internet temp Folder?

you can't stop it .

change extension of txt file to say .... gif
flash can load it and on the first hand user won't realize , if they really
want to find they will no matter what you do anyway.....

2. Converting Word document to PDF

3. Protect swf file from being downloaded into Temp Folder

4. Forms w/ Repeat Region

5. QW3 TRIALWILL NOT INSTALL SOMETHING ABOUT TEMP FOLDER

6. Another DVD question

7. OT -- purpose of temp folder in XP ?

8. forcing cache to temp files folder

9. Windows Temp Folder