Scrolling through fonts

Post by Brian Battle » Fri, 18 Apr 2003 09:18:16

Allow scrolling through fonts like you can do in Photoshop and InDesign in the Character palette.

Scrolling through fonts

Post by Toni Toome » Mon, 21 Apr 2003 07:22:56

Show the font styles themselves a' la MSWord.

Scrolling through fonts

Post by Stuart McCo » Mon, 21 Apr 2003 08:53:44

Noooooooooo!!!!!....not this argument AGAIN. Brian's got it right, Toni's got it wrong. Please do NOT display the fonts in the drop down menus. I HATE having to decipher the font name in the list when they use the font itself. Add a small preview window if you absolutely must but I'd even caution against this as it would add to the size of the character palette.

Scrolling through fonts

Post by Joe Duhame » Tue, 22 Apr 2003 10:03:14

Perhaps as an option. I hate WYSIWYG fonts with a passion... but if it's implemented due to enough asking for it, I want to be able to turn it off.

Scrolling through fonts

Post by Peter Ramse » Wed, 23 Apr 2003 09:38:13

Idea: Popup box. Little window that displays 'ABC' at say 72 point in the
selected font. That should be enough  to identify a particular font. The
window pops up to the side of the pallette just like a tooltip. And of
course it can be switched off. Very useful to those that need it, not an
issue for those that don't. And no redesign of the Character pallette
required!

;-Peter