Looking for suggestions

Post by BionicAnkl » Fri, 16 Jan 2004 08:59:36

I have a project I'm working on for school.  Creating an immersive interactive room, one where the user is given a PPC and allowed to explore the room.  Need to have a flash app playing on the PDA that can send and recieve data from a Server with a DB on it.

We're using wireless points and a positioning app that uses Java.

There will be 2 seperate Flash apps running, one on the PDA and one on a central video display.

What's the best way to get the PDA app to communicate to the server?  Need to trigger events and swfs to play on both the PDA and central video display.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sean

Looking for suggestions

Post by slamdunkinpoo » Fri, 16 Jan 2004 15:34:40

If its just a student project then for a faster development you can use httpSocket of eVB on PDA and on Server can  use any of the languages java, php, asp, perl. If its required to use Flash on PDA then I suggest you read about loadVars, loadVariables and XMLSocket.

Looking for suggestions

Post by BionicAnkl » Sat, 24 Jan 2004 07:05:20

Okay thanks.

So regardless of whether or not it's going via the net or a local network in this case, XML Sockets is still the way to go?

(Sorry if this is a stupid question, just trying to get edumacated. )

Looking for suggestions

Post by Bill Perr » Tue, 27 Jan 2004 09:29:35

Hi Sean,

I sent you an email regarding some solutions for your project.  Let us know if you still have any questions.

Best,

Bill Perry  |  www.pocketpcflash.net
Team Macromedia Volunteer for Flash
--------------------------

1. Looking for suggestions/ides

Hello,

 I have a static text box that is - 7900 pixels high! Crazy right.

 I am trying to achieve an effect similar to a scrolling credits page for the
text in this static text box.

 You all know the problem: Flash is limited to text boxes of 2800 in height.

 I could break the box into smaller more manageable boxes, and tween them one
after the other to achieve the desired effect, but this does not seem like an
elegant solution. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to achieve this?

 Thank you

 RR

2. Working with two separate databindings in one working site?

3. Looking for suggestions for an online calendar that looks like a paper one

4. Fire Effect?

5. Getting noise patterns on large prints, looking for suggestions.

6. Layer problems

7. Looking for Suggestions on Capture Card and Software

8. ++ SITE CECK **

9. looking for suggestions on future design solution

10. looking for suggestions

11. Looking for suggestions!!!

12. OT: Need a new hosting provider - looking for suggestions

13. ! Looking for outstanding music-related website suggestions