data communication between Flash Player 6 and Evc++

data communication between Flash Player 6 and Evc++

Post by rc043 » Tue, 20 Jan 2004 02:02:07

Hi all,

Recently, I am developing a program with Flash interface that needs to be embedded in a EVC++, are there any methods of giving and getting variables between them.

Should the Flash swf file can be called in the EVC++ Application?

And where can I find samples about that ?

Thank you for your kind attention.

rc

data communication between Flash Player 6 and Evc++

Post by FPS » Tue, 20 Jan 2004 08:50:30

There is an HTML control example provided with eVC SDK, it's called "Browse". It allows the eVC app to call certain functions when an URL is sent. Like if the URL was "exit" the app would close. But while it works with HTML files, I was not able to get it to work with Flash. Even though it displays Flash, the URLs that are called from the Flash movie are ignored.

data communication between Flash Player 6 and Evc++

Post by Bill Perr » Thu, 12 Feb 2004 09:49:53

Also take a look at these two books: Flash Enabled and Flash the Future.

Both books compliment each other and provide a lot of useful information regarding eVC and Flash on PPCs.

Best,

1. Communication Between Flash MX and Evc++

Has anyone checked the latency (TCP) in using xmlsockets to talk to native
eVB, eVC, and C# CF applications?
I would like to know if there is NAGLing occuring in on this TCP pipe (I see
no reason for it, dgrams should
be sent immediately, since there is no real advantage in bulding them into
larger packets).

to be installed and then you can use the HTML View Control to display HTML
content (including the Flash embedded). I would recommend picking up the
book Flash the Future as Bill suggested. It has a chapter devoted to Flash
Active X in eVC apps.
a server in eVC, have it run on a port on the device and have Flash send
data to/from that port. For a fantastic example, you'll want to check out
Animated Today from Stephen Eddy over at http://www.gigabytesol.com. He uses
this technique and is accomplishing some great things.

2. I am new to flash

3. Embedding PocketPC Flash Player in EVC/EVB application

4. Flash Remoting not working from browser

5. Flash Communication Server crashing Flash player on Win 2000

6. Checkbox Multiple Deletes

7. Flash inside a evc++ project

8. Load a swf and go to the second stage

9. Flash and EVC

10. XML communication, results of a flash quiz to a data base

11. Connecting to a Data Base through flash communication server

12. Data communication server => flash client

13. Data Communication between flash and different applications