AS 2.0 and Flash 6 player

Post by Yechezkal Gutfreun » Sun, 08 Feb 2004 04:33:41

There is an extended discussion in chattyfig (Flash Coders) about using AS
2.0 contructs in Flash 6 Player applications.

The conclusion is if you are only using language constructs (interface,
extends, etc.) then it compiles to the same byte code and thus can run in
the Flash player (Version 6.65, not earlier version).

My question is if this is also true for the latest version of the PPC Flash
6 player.

--
==================================
Yechezkal Gutfreund

AS 2.0 and Flash 6 player

Post by Chris Peterson [MACR » Wed, 11 Feb 2004 02:56:44

Flash Player 6 for PocketPC supports the same ActionScript as Flash Player 6
for desktop players (Windows and Mac). I think the latest player version for
PocketPC is 6r81, same as the destop players. In Flash MX 2004's Publish
Settings dialog, you can publish to Flash 6 SWF (and even enable "Optimize for
Flash Player 6 r65") and your SWF should run correctly on Flash Player 6 for
PocketPC. The only desktop player feature that is not supported on the Flash
Player 6 for PocketPC is recording camera video (for streaming up to a FlashCom
server)

AS 2.0 and Flash 6 player

Post by Chris Peterson [MACR » Wed, 11 Feb 2004 02:59:40

Flash Player 6 for PocketPC supports the same ActionScript as Flash Player 6
for desktop players (Windows and Mac). I think the latest player version for
PocketPC is 6r81, same as the destop players. In Flash MX 2004's Publish
Settings dialog, you can publish to Flash 6 SWF (and even enable "Optimize for
Flash Player 6 r65") and your SWF should run correctly on Flash Player 6 for
PocketPC. The only desktop player feature that is not supported on the Flash
Player 6 for PocketPC is recording camera video (for streaming up to a FlashCom
server)

AS 2.0 and Flash 6 player

Post by Yechezkal Gutfreun » Thu, 12 Feb 2004 05:30:46

Thank you Chris. I want to thank you and thank Macromedia for making you
available to this newsgroup.

BTW, we are currently beginning a major development effort with the PPC
version of Flash, and we want to be as "AS 2" friendly as possible. So this
is good news.

Quote:> Flash Player 6 for PocketPC supports the same ActionScript as Flash Player
6
> for desktop players (Windows and Mac). I think the latest player version
for
> PocketPC is 6r81, same as the destop players. In Flash MX 2004's Publish
> Settings dialog, you can publish to Flash 6 SWF (and even enable "Optimize
for
> Flash Player 6 r65") and your SWF should run correctly on Flash Player 6
for
> PocketPC. The only desktop player feature that is not supported on the
Flash
> Player 6 for PocketPC is recording camera video (for streaming up to a
FlashCom
> server)

1. Upgrading Flash 4 Player to Flash 5 Player

Is there a problem with detection of a Flash 5 Movie in order that the
player upgrades to Flash 5 Player from Flash 4?

I have tried this out at three companies (all using I.E.5 on Windows 98) and
AUTOMATIC upgrade didn't happen.  Upon forcing an upgrade (or trying to ...
at Macromedia.com) the 'autoinstall' button clearly states Flash FIVE (not
four) and yet the movie to say it was loaded said FLASH 4,0,26,0  >>>> not
Flash 5

Besides it being an absolute NIGHTMARE to save a movie as Flash 4.0 once
you've gotten into the habbit of the actionscripting, I am furious at now
having to waste time trying to explain to people why they can't download
Flash 5 Player ... especially as I haven't an explanation.  WHY?

Many thanks,

FF

PS : YES, the movies were framed in Dreamweaver correctly : as Flash 5.0 ...
not as Flash 4.0

2. Shooting Star Effect

3. flash 5 player vs. flash 4 player

4. Why are threads being closed so soon?

5. flash 5 player better than flash mx player?

6. Help with FTP

7. Flash 4 player slower than Flash 5 player?

8. submit form and display result on same page not working

9. Flash 1 or Flash 2 player compatibility from Flash 4

10. Viewing Flash 5 content in Flash 3 Player

11. RE : Flash Deployment Kit x Flash 6 player

12. does flash mx need flash 6 player

13. Flash 5 movie on flash 4 player